"move completed" creates random named directory?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
fuxxy
New User
New User

"move completed" creates random named directory?

Post by fuxxy »

Hi guys, I've having an issue with the 'move completed files' feature in deluge.
My setup consists of a linux fileserver running the deluge daemon, I'm connecting via a remote GUI on a windows computer. I've downloaded a torrent that contains 55 files, half of them I've specified "do not download". The torrent has the "move completed" option set to /shared/TV_Shows/TV Series/Season 2, however the files are showing up in the "/shared/TV_Shows/TV Series" folder, under a random folder, in this case "SESKUE~M". Anyone have any idea what's going on?
fuxxy
New User
New User

Re: "move completed" creates random named directory?

Post by fuxxy »

Minor update. I tried navigating to the affected folder under linux, and I get some weird results. mabye it's trying to name the file but has a bad character somewhere?

The torrents' files are actually in the SECOND "Season 2" folder, the one with the extra characters. The first "Season 2" was already there, just an empty folder.

deluge@coldfire /shared/TV_Shows/TV Series $ ls -alh
total 12K
drwxrwsr-x 6 deluge video 67 Nov 21 10:22 .
drwxrwsrwx 58 apache video 4.0K Nov 21 07:40 ..
drwxrwsr-x 2 deluge video 4.0K Aug 12 2010 Season 1
drwxrwxr-x 2 deluge video 6 Nov 20 17:19 Season 2
drwxr-sr-x 3 deluge video 56 Nov 21 10:22 Season 2?
drwxrwxr-x 2 deluge video 4.0K Nov 14 19:10 Season 3

deluge@coldfire /shared/TV_Shows/TV Series $ cd Season\
Season 1/ Season 2/ Season 2^J/ Season 3/
fuxxy
New User
New User

Re: "move completed" creates random named directory?

Post by fuxxy »

Upon further investigation, it appears that I caused this issue. I was trying to get rid of the subdirectory the torrent creator put all these files into, so that I could manage all that myself. renamed the top directory "\" rather than "/". Fixed that and the files automagically renamed themselves to the correct filenames. As for the directories. I believe the same thing happendd, but now they're full of special characters, and are harder to remove. A simple "Move Storage" command to something sane (after fixing the filenames in the torrent first, of course), moved the now-correctly-named files out of the troublesome directory and I could then use another "Move Storage" to put them where they were supposed to go.

*EDIT* with more info

Ultimately, I caused this issue. While the torrents were downloading, I specified the "move completed" option. The problem was that I performed a 'pwd' on my SSH client (puTTy), and then triple clicked to select the whole line, which I then pasted into the deluge GUI. Although it appeared correct, some special characters must have made it over. Selecting ONLY the text output of 'pwd' (instead of the whole line) results in correct operation.