[Plugin] Batch Renamer

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Hiram

[Plugin] Batch Renamer

Post by Hiram »

Hi guys, I've finished writing the plugin for easily renaming files in torrents containing a large amount of files that you want to have the same naming template. This let's you keep seeding while keeping your folders clean.

Any problems, post something here or send me an email.

Please note that this only works through the GTK client. The equivalent of a Tree in HTML and Javascript is, not pretty, to say the least. So I doubt I'll be doing that unless I get very, very bored.

Note: Before Clicking OK to confirm renaming files, remember to DOUBLE CHECK to make sure nothing bad is going on with the renaming. You wouldn't want filenames overlapping and wiping each other out!

Egg: http://github.com/downloads/nathan-hoad ... -py2.7.egg
Egg for Python 2.6 users: http://github.com/downloads/nathan-hoad ... -py2.6.egg

February 9th Update: Fixed a bug with renaming files not picking up episodes properly.

Another update: if you're having problems with the Deluge not picking up the newer version of the plugin, make sure you've removed the old egg and restarted Deluge.

Source: http://github.com/nathan-hoad/batchrenamer
Last edited by Hiram on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barrasmara
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Batch Renamer for 1.3.1

Post by Barrasmara »

I'm having issues installing this. I navigate to it but it doesn't update my list of plugins. What am I doing wrong?
Hiram

Post by Hiram »

Well, what version of Deluge are you running? How are you trying to install it? What version of Python are you running? Can you supply a debug log?

Also, what operating system are you running?
Barrasmara
New User
New User

Post by Barrasmara »

Running 1.3.1 on Ubuntu. Downloaded the egg to .config/deluge/plugins and trying to install it from there. The same method worked for other plugins. I'm not sure which version of python I have, I'll check it when I get home tonight. Thanks for your patience, and for making the plugin!
Hiram

Post by Hiram »

Try downloading the egg to another directory and adding it through the GTK client, with debug mode enabled. Does it give any output on the console relating to the plugin?
Barrasmara
New User
New User

Post by Barrasmara »

Okay, renaming the egg to 2.6 allowed me to install the plugin.

It looks great, but I am having one or two problems with it. How do you rename files using the file index? For example if I have a renaming template of ^s^e then it tries to rename every file S01E01.avi. Perhaps a short idiot's guide help section packaged with it would be a good idea.

Matt
Hiram

Post by Hiram »

PM me a list of the filenames.
Hiram

Post by Hiram »

Update! This plugin had a bug which Barrasmara brought to my attention. It's all fixed for me, and hopefully for you guys too!
Barrasmara
New User
New User

Post by Barrasmara »

This plugin is great! Allows me to sort out my XBMC library and keep seeding without having to go through each file manually. Top work!
tgfrules
New User
New User

Post by tgfrules »

I have tried your plugin as well and have some issues

1)
I too had a problem that Deluge did not show the plugin in the list after installation. I renamed the 2.7 plugin to 2.6 and it worked fine.

2)
There is a field for Filename Template but I don't understand what thats about. Any link to documentation because I could not find it.

3)
When started editing a torrent name both the Old Name and the New Name fields are editable but nothing happens when you edit them.
I would have guessed that the Old Name field would be locked but the New Name field was open for edit to any name that I desired.

Thanks