Problems with 1.3.1

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
rbucci
New User
New User

Problems with 1.3.1

Post by rbucci »

I, like some others, have lost my torrents on restart. My computer actually crashed and then when I rebooted and started Deluge the torrents were all gone. Is there a file that they go to so I can just restart them?

Also when I start Deluge a blank CMD window pops up with a title of deluge/deluged.exe. If I close it, Deluge shuts down. I can only minimize it and then it sits in my task bar.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Update: Restarting the torrents was easy enough as I just went back to the torrent sites and clicked on them, It would be nice if this and the CMD window were fixed though. Still think Deluge is the best no matter what anyone else says. It's the only client that lets me max out on my speed.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Problems with 1.3.1

Post by johnnyg »

rbucci wrote:Also when I start Deluge a blank CMD window pops up with a title of deluge/deluged.exe. If I close it, Deluge shuts down. I can only minimize it and then it sits in my task bar.
I'm guessing you've got classic mode disabled.
The deluged.exe cmd prompt is a known problem, we'll try to have a workaround in the next release.
In the meantime you can start deluged.exe manually through a cmd prompt (instead of through deluge) using:

Code: Select all

start /b C:\Program Files\Deluge\deluged.exe
You can also re-enable classic mode if you don't need the client and daemon to be separated.
rbucci
New User
New User

Post by rbucci »

Awesome helpful information Johnnyg. Thanks! All this time I didn't know what "enable classic mode" did. Now I know and it makes it much easier to start the program. I thought it was just a different skin :oops:
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

rbucci wrote:Awesome helpful information Johnnyg. Thanks! All this time I didn't know what "enable classic mode" did. Now I know and it makes it much easier to start the program. I thought it was just a different skin :oops:
No worries, if you hover over "enable" under classic mode, a tooltip gives you a short description.
But it wouldn't hurt to add it to the FAQ.