High CPU usage on 1.3.0_rc1

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Tuckie
New User
New User

Re: High CPU usage on 1.3.0_rc1

Post by Tuckie »

Amd dual core system here with the high cpu load, with around 50 seeding but inactive torrents & 3 torrents downloading I get 20 percent cpu usage on deluge-web
theslut

Post by theslut »

Ive had it with Deluge really. I've waited years for it to be a contender for serious torrenting but as soon as one issue is fixed another retro bug resurfaces.

I've got all the torrents paused and Deluge GTK is hitting 99% CPU as soon as it's been open a minute.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative because I understand people work hard on this and give up their free time for little reward and I thank you all for your efforts.
cca
New User
New User

Post by cca »

Unfortunately it seems the 1.3 branch came out of rc status a little too early. I've encountered the high CPU usage myself using the 1.3 final. In my case the core itself is hogging the CPU but also MEMORY. Using 1.5Gb in a matter of minutes.

Back to 1.2.3 for now, 1.3 needs more testing. Using Gentoo linux with rb_libtorrent 0.15.3. I run the GUI remotely only, from a Win7 PC.
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Same problem here on an AMD Athlon6 X2 6000, Ubuntu 10.4 64-bit, 4Gigs of RAM, Python 2.6. Using the GTK client, deluge will freeze up the entire system for up to 1 minute sometimes, usually less (5-30 seconds). This happens every 2 to 5 minutes, making the system almost unusable. I tried upgrading to the latest rc to to avail. I am now back at version 1.2.3, which appeared to be a bit more responsive at first. However, after a few minutes, it started doing the same thing. I haven't tried the final release yet, but have seen people reporting the same problem using that version too.
maxx.h
New User
New User

Post by maxx.h »

guys, please also mention the libtorrent-rasterbar version you are using.
And try different versions of libtorrent-rasterbar.

For example:
0.15.3 has a announce bug, and if you are affected by it, well look here: http://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/iss ... ail?id=112
gard

Post by gard »

My libtorrent-rasterbar: 0.15.2-1.
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

>> guys, please also mention the libtorrent-rasterbar version you are using.

libtorrent-rasterbar5: 0.14.10-2~lucid~ppa1

I have also upgraded to the final release since my last post (installed from the tarballs), and have seen no change in behavior.
I have noticed that this mostly happens during periods of heavy disk activity, i.e. when a completed torrent is being moved
from the 'incoming' folder to the 'completed' folder. But I have also seen it at other times. For instance, it happens almost
every time a new torrent is being added to the system. Same thing when removing torrent(s) from the system, or moving from
one queue to another (i.e. from 'paused' to 'active' or from 'queued' to 'downloading').
gard

Post by gard »

This happens at any time, this may not be for several days, but then it happens ..
cca
New User
New User

Post by cca »

It could be a libtorrent bug sure, but deluge 1.3 seems to trigger it more often. WIth 1.2.3 I never hit the bug, with 1.3 I hit it in a matter of minutes or hours.