An improved Deluge userscript for greasmonkey (or others)

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
aqtrans

An improved Deluge userscript for greasmonkey (or others)

Post by aqtrans »

Credits for the original author of the userscript, seen here.
What I did is add cookie and download directory support.

The cookie portion has worked so far, but only if the cookie variable's are uid/userid and pass. I haven't ran into any sites that do otherwise though.
The download directory just passes that along to Deluge, so you'll have to make sure the directory exists and is writable.

Here are the goods! 8-)
aidos

Re: An improved Deluge userscript for greasmonkey (or others

Post by aidos »

Actually I'm the author of the script, I don't know who's the person who posted on UserScripts.org.

Anyway, I like your cookie support, but it seemed strange to me that you would try to guess the proper cookie to transfer, just transfer them all. Also, I'm not too sure on your download directory support, which is a bit intrusive, and I think most people won't have a use for it. Finally, your updated method for detecting torrents is going to yield a lot of false positives, I'd like to avoid that. The idea is that if the blue drop is there, you can be sure that clicking on it should add a torrent to Deluge.

As I believe the person who posted the script on UserScripts.org won't bother updating it, I've taken the liberty of posting my updated version of the script at : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/79003 . If you have more patches, please send them my way ;)
aqtrans

Post by aqtrans »

aidos wrote:Actually I'm the author of the script, I don't know who's the person who posted on UserScripts.org.

Anyway, I like your cookie support, but it seemed strange to me that you would try to guess the proper cookie to transfer, just transfer them all. Also, I'm not too sure on your download directory support, which is a bit intrusive, and I think most people won't have a use for it. Finally, your updated method for detecting torrents is going to yield a lot of false positives, I'd like to avoid that. The idea is that if the blue drop is there, you can be sure that clicking on it should add a torrent to Deluge.

As I believe the person who posted the script on UserScripts.org won't bother updating it, I've taken the liberty of posting my updated version of the script at : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/79003 . If you have more patches, please send them my way ;)
Oh okay, my bad. Awesome job on the script, then! 8-)

I honestly didn't know that I could send the whole cookie and it would work, heh. :oops:
I added download directory support in for my own personal needs. I have many different partitions, and like to keep them organized by music, movies, or TV shows, so that makes it much easier to download to the correct partition/directory.
Detecting torrents really stumped me, so I kind of half-assedly threw something together. I've noticed it detecting quite a few false positives. I used to use a script to add torrents to ruTorrent that had a really neat array system for the sites you wanted it to detect torrents on. That method didn't give me one false positive, so I guess I'll try and see about integrating it. I'll let you know if I get something.

Glad I could help out!
rflores2323

Post by rflores2323 »

how do I get this to work? I installed greasmonkey however how do I get this script toauto add to my deluged webui to add it automatically? It shows on my greamonkey scripts however when I click on a torrent file it does not do anything.
aidos

Post by aidos »

Well normally you should see a Deluge icon (blue droplet) next to torrent files links. Just click on it, and it will add the torrent to the WebUI queue. Have a look at the screenshot on this page: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/79003 . Also, you need to edit the script at the top, to enter your WebUI address, port and password.
rflores2323

Post by rflores2323 »

aidos wrote:Well normally you should see a Deluge icon (blue droplet) next to torrent files links. Just click on it, and it will add the torrent to the WebUI queue. Have a look at the screenshot on this page: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/79003 . Also, you need to edit the script at the top, to enter your WebUI address, port and password.
ok I edited with my internal IP, port, and pw. now I click on it and it just says downloading torrent and just hangs.

Code: Select all

var host = "192.168.1.11";
var port = "8112";
var password = "****";
aidos

Post by aidos »

Make sure your WebUI is connected to a Deluge daemon before using the script. Due to a bug in Deluge 1.3_rc1, every time you restart the WebUI, you need to manually re-select a daemon to connect to.
rflores2323

Post by rflores2323 »

how do I do this? I do notice that everytime I go to the webui I have to pick a connection and I used to not have to do this.

How can I fix this?
aidos

Post by aidos »

But if you select a connection in the WebUI, do the script then work ?

To configure a default connection see:
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=26525
or
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 55#p137369 .
rflores2323

Post by rflores2323 »

and it works.. yeah!! thanks. great addition