is it possible to sent messages to each other ?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
yiannistrik
New User
New User

is it possible to sent messages to each other ?

Post by yiannistrik »

Hi

in the past I was using Apexdc a dc++ program.

there it was possible to send messages to another user ,ip , (I don't know how to describe it)

can we have that ability in the torrent network?

even if it is for the deluge users only.

It would be great.

lets say I am seeing someone from my country and want to say hi or just ask him if it is fake the one I am downloading.

maybe there are other torrent clients that have that function and we can communicate with them also.

Thanks
pettman

Re: is it possible to sent messages to each other ?

Post by pettman »

I don't think the BitTorrent protocol have support for chatting and I don't think it should get it either, its purpose being to distribute large files without using tons of servers.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

pettman wrote:I don't think the BitTorrent protocol have support for chatting and I don't think it should get it either, its purpose being to distribute large files without using tons of servers.
bittorrent has no "chat" and deluge wont, either. asking someone if a torrent is fake is pretty stupid since if they have it and are uploading it to you, either they think it to be real or wanna **** you over. in either case, they'll never say that it's a fake.
kramed

Post by kramed »

This is the reason most trackers have the ability to leave comments for a particular torrent. Why not look at the comments before downloading if you are worried it is fake.
yiannistrik
New User
New User

Post by yiannistrik »

ok.

thanks.

I am reading the comments.

I will organize my bookmarks
and try to keep separated the ones that need no registration in order to comment a torrent.