[Plugin] DeletePartials - deletes partial files

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
TomSoul

[Plugin] DeletePartials - deletes partial files

Post by TomSoul »

Hello everyone. I couldn't find an easy way to remove those extra files that Deluge leaves behind when setting "Do Not Download" on some files, so I wrote one.

The idea is that that when the download pieces don't match file boundaries, sometimes files marked "Do Not Download" are also created. The result is that after a torrent is finished, there could be partial files with a few kilobytes in them mixed with the proper files. Which is annoying.

When a torrent is removed from Deluge, the plugin will check if there are files that are marked "Do Not Download", and delete those. Resulting empty directories are also deleted.

If you want to try it, the plugin egg is attached or see site https://code.google.com/archive/p/delug ... epartials/

Any feedback is appreciated.
Attachments
DeletePartials-0.1-py2.6.egg
(11.98 KiB) Downloaded 2021 times
DeletePartials-0.1-py2.7.egg
(11.98 KiB) Downloaded 7087 times
hallucngn

Re: New plugin: delete partial files

Post by hallucngn »

thx, i was looking for something like this, great addition
atfosan
New User
New User

Post by atfosan »

And how about cerrently active torrents? Is this plugin allow to create partial files by Deluge?
I can't test it because I have a problem with installation: I put egg-file of this plugin in ~/.config/deluge/plugins and nothing happened.
There is no this module in Parameters/Modules list. Does this plugin support 1.2.1 version?
TomSoul

Post by TomSoul »

atfosan wrote:And how about cerrently active torrents? Is this plugin allow to create partial files by Deluge?
Yes, the files are still created when a torrent is active. There is no way around this, I think.

The plugin was compiled against a recent source tree. It is working for me on 1.2 and 1.2.1. Maybe you should try the Install Plugin and Rescan Plugin -buttons, if you haven't.
atfosan
New User
New User

Post by atfosan »

TomSoul wrote: Yes, the files are still created when a torrent is active. There is no way around this, I think.
For example uTorrent create *.dat-file... I think it's more convenience. You can't execute uncompleted files which write errors...
Also my Deluge is deleting all files of uncompleted torrents without any problems and without this pluggin...
TomSoul wrote: The plugin was compiled against a recent source tree. It is working for me on 1.2 and 1.2.1. Maybe you should try the Install Plugin and Rescan Plugin -buttons, if you haven't.
I have already try it... Results are the same.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Great plugin Tomsoul, you should create a wiki page for the Plugins list :D
ledzgio

Post by ledzgio »

Great plugin.

I've made a plugin that moves downloaded torrent to specified directories depending on the type, audio, video, data and documents.

It can be found here:

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/Categorise

It would be nice to integrate your functionality within my plugin..

bye
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

ledzgio wrote: It would be nice to integrate your functionality within my plugin..
How would that be different than running both plugins?
DSpider

Re: [Plugin] DeletePartials - deletes partial files

Post by DSpider »

Just to be clear, this plugin deletes partial files only when you remove the torrent from the list. Clicking "Remove With Data" removes the whole thing, obviously. What it doesn't do is deal with partial files during downloading or even after the download finishes (like hiding them, stuffing them inside a .dat file like uTorrent, etc). One thing's for sure, tho: it's damn useful ! Beats me why Deluge doesn't support this feature by default. I think it should come with this plugin preinstalled AND checked because when I remove a torrent in 99% cases it means I'm done seeding it. And I'm sure it's the same with most users as well.

Mr. Soul, until a better method comes along, can you please make one that puts the partial files (ie. the ones with the "Do Not Download" flag) inside a ".cache" folder or something ? The dot in front of the folder hides files on Linux. And maybe adding the -h attribute for those running Windows. You can call it HidePartials.

A container or wrapper of some kind would be even better. Though I'm not sure if the plugin system permits it.

Thank you.

atfosan wrote:I have a problem with installation: I put egg-file of this plugin in ~/.config/deluge/plugins and nothing happened.
There is no this module in Parameters/Modules list. Does this plugin support 1.2.1 version?
Apparently you have to rename it something shorter ("DeletePartials.egg") otherwise it won't show up in the Plugins list (using 1.3.1 here).
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [Plugin] DeletePartials - deletes partial files

Post by Lazybones »

Any chance of a python 2.7 egg getting posted?