Deluge.exe windows error

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Insomnium

Deluge.exe windows error

Post by Insomnium »

Installation went fine gtk installed, but when I tried to launch it Windows said Deluge.exe stopped working ,and closed it. I then restarted my computer to see if it would work then still not working. I then uninstalled gtk with revo uninstaller, and then reinstalled ;still received the same message. There is no error number associated with the crash; it just doesn't work.

I tried version 1.2.0 rc5 , my OS is Vista 64 Home Premium,and there was no version of GTK installed before installing Deluge.

I'm willing to give it another try ,but I don't know what to do.
loki

Re: Deluge.exe windows error

Post by loki »

Well, the latest version is 1.2.0 (final). What you downloaded was like the equivalent of a beta if you know that term better than RC, the RC versions are older if you looked at the date they were created at all you would also notice this, RC by the way stands for release candidate.
Doing a normal uninstall of deluge should be good before installing the final version, the installer should remove the old files also in case you hadn't uninstalled first. Just let it install it's own gtk too.
Insomnium

Re: Deluge.exe windows error

Post by Insomnium »

Yeah, that was the problem,and everything works fine now. I should have paid better attention to the available packages.