Deluge window not displaying

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Kazaum
New User
New User

Deluge window not displaying

Post by Kazaum »

Hi,

I'm having a problem when I click "Show Deluge", the program appears in the taskbar but it won't display on the screen. I can see the program in Aero Peek, but not matter what I try I can't see it on the screen. I'm using Windows 7, and the program did work previously, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I'm using build 1.1.9., any suggestions?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge window not displaying

Post by andar »

My guess is a bug/incompatibility with GTK+ and Windows 7. You could try using 1.2.0_rc1 which includes a new version of GTK. Just make sure you uninstall the previous version of GTK before installing.
Kazaum
New User
New User

Post by Kazaum »

andar wrote:My guess is a bug/incompatibility with GTK+ and Windows 7. You could try using 1.2.0_rc1 which includes a new version of GTK. Just make sure you uninstall the previous version of GTK before installing.
It ran fine before, I only seemed to have this problem when I installed 1.2.0_rc1 and then revered back to 1.9. I've take your advise though and try uninstalling GTK+.
Kazaum
New User
New User

Post by Kazaum »

That didn't work anyway :cry:

Here's some images of what's happening:

This is what I see when I right click, nothing strange
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/ ... tClick.png

When I right click and select add torrent, nothing strange again
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/ ... orrent.png

This is when I right and select "Show Deluge", as you can see the program is displayed in the task bar, but program windows doesn't display.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/ ... Deluge.png

Here's what it shows in Areo Peek
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/ ... eoPeek.png
pitchforked

Post by pitchforked »

I'm on Windows XP Media Center edition and having the same problem with Deluge's new release candidate. I somehow got it to appear by maximizing it, but I have to go through that trouble every time. Attempts to window Deluge end didn't do anything at first. It just disappeared. I tried to use the move tool to find it, and it narrowed in at the top left corner of my screen--attempts to drag were futile. I honestly don't know how I got a windowed Deluge to appear because I didn't do anything different. The thing is, however, that now that it's windowed I can't do anything with it. The interface is untouchable besides to minimize and now I can't maximize. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it but the same goings but suddenly after my last restart it worked...fun confusing irritating fun ;). It's luck that it's working, but I hope it stays going. I've been interesting in using this for a while.

Okay, so now, I can't add or remove torrents and...creating a torrent locks the whole thing up...I don't know if it's the GTK or the new release.

There were two different GTK runtimes installed...that might have been it but frankly I'm not going to mess around anymore. I've had enough experimenting for a night.
Kazaum
New User
New User

Post by Kazaum »

Well I'm using gEdit which uses GKT and I'm having no problems with that so I don't think that could be it.

The maximize worked for me though, so temp fix I guess?
hearttouch

Post by hearttouch »

Start windows task manager go to deluge application and right-click > maximize or bring to front (for windows 7).
That's the way i solved deluge won't maximize... hope this help!
lifestyle

Post by lifestyle »

Hi all,

I faced exactly the same "window not displaying" problem in Windows Vista, and the "Task Manager - Maximize" solution mentioned above this post WORKED.

However, this is definitely a bug and I hope something can be done about it.

Thanks so much!!
Makewa
New User
New User

Post by Makewa »

I'm running Windows 8.1. When I have been running Deluge and other programs for a day or so sometimes the Deluge window will not return from being minimised. When I click on the taskbar icon I can see the window open in transparent aero style but it is moving off the bottom of the screen, so opening in a non-existent desktop extension below the monitor.
Two factors are significant: I am running and sometimes disconnecting a second monitor (tv), and I had upgraded the NVIDIA driver recently which caused instability until I rolled back.
Task Manager - Maximise restores the Deluge window.