YARSS2 plugin OMV 3 cannot configure it via WebUI

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
jfromeo

YARSS2 plugin OMV 3 cannot configure it via WebUI

Post by jfromeo »

Good evening.

I have a NAS with OpenMediaVault 3.0.73 (Kernel 4.9.0 based) and the deluge plugin installed (1.3.10).

I have checked my python version on the server (python-2.7), I have downloaded the YARSS2 plugin from the bitbucket repo (1.4.3-py2.7.egg) and I have installed it from the WebUI by clicking on "Preferences - Plugins - Install".

The plugin gets correctly installed, but whenever I check its box to show the options in the submenu on the left, it apparently does nothing, when all other plugins work by showing a submenu on the left.

I have tried to restart the deluge-daemon and the NAS server, but the box checking has no impact on the WebUI and I cannot get it to work. What may I be doing wrong? I have tried older releases too (1.3.3 and 1.2.1) and python 2.6 ones just in case.

Besides, when I check it, press on "Apply - Ok - Close" and open the Preferences menu again, it is unchecked again.

PD: In my Windows 10 workstation, it works like a charm with the full-featured Deluge client (1.3.14).

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
jfromeo

Re: YARSS2 plugin OMV 3 cannot configure it via WebUI

Post by jfromeo »

Oddly enough, I have browsed to the deluge plugins location, and there is no trace of the YARSS2 plugin, just of the plugins that are working:

​​Image
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It is mentioned in several places that there is no webui config page for this plugin.

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plug ... ns3rdParty
jfromeo

Post by jfromeo »

Cas wrote:It is mentioned in several places that there is no webui config page for this plugin.

<a href="http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plug ... rdParty</a>
Thanks for the quick response.

So, how could I add the feeds and filters like in the Windows client?

Does it need to be done via the CLI?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Setup thinclient connection to daemon and use gtkui on windows.
jfromeo

Post by jfromeo »

Cas wrote:Setup thinclient connection to daemon and use gtkui on windows.
Thanks for the help.

I configured the deluge to allow remote connections, created a user with privilege mode 10, and connected to the deluge daemon in thinclient mode through Windows gtkui.

But I get the same result as in deluge WebUI, that is, the plugin is in the list, but if I check it, there is no result on the left tree, and if I press on "Apply --> Close" and reopen the Preferences menu, the plugin is unchecked again :(

How could I uninstall it? Is deleting the YARSS2 files under the plugin directory enough?
jfromeo

Post by jfromeo »

Ok, I deleted the yarss2 related files under the following paths:

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins
/home/deluge-daemon/.config/deluge/plugins

And it seems it got removed.

I will try to get it reinstalled again but this time in the thinclient mode under Windows gtkui.

PD: It worked! Now let us see if it works without needing to manually fetch the RSS feed from the windows gtkui.

Cheers.