Now to extract into completed folder?

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
seanvree@hotmail.com

Now to extract into completed folder?

Post by seanvree@hotmail.com »

Is it possible to extract a torrent when it's done INTO it's completed sub- folder?

I have move when completed set up, but the auto-extract will only allow you to choose one folder, so if you need the extracted file to go into a sub-directory, it doesn't work.

how is everyone accomplishing this?
Stalksy
New User
New User

Re: Now to extract into completed folder?

Post by Stalksy »

I have just setup the extractor plugin to do this.

It works but I have it running twice somehow.
schmick
New User
New User

Post by schmick »

Stalksy wrote:I have just setup the extractor plugin to do this.

It works but I have it running twice somehow.
You did it with the official plugin? How?
schmick
New User
New User

Post by schmick »

OK, I read the sourcecode and it's "supposed" to extract to the default (downloaded) folder if the "extract to" is left empty.

Code: Select all

if not self.config["extract_path"]:
    self.config["extract_path"] = deluge.configmanager.ConfigManager("core.conf")["download_location"]
It doesn't. I suppose that most users use the "move to" feature that extractor can't use.

Code: Select all

if tid_status["move_completed"]:
            log.warning("Cannot extract torrents with 'Move Completed' enabled")
            return
What DID work, was using the deluge-simpleextractor egg.
Just download the egg (consider that this post and the files it links at might be obsolete in the future) and load the plugin through the "Install" button on the Plug-ins section of the preferences.
Extract to must be empty and "Extract Torrent in-place" must be checked.

You're done.
antking

Post by antking »

Okay I need help with this too. I've read through the forums but I can't get it to work.
I'm running Deluge 1.3.13 in a jail on a NAS4Free box utilizing Sonarr in the same jail to fetch torrents.
Everything is working great up until Sonarr needs to move and rename the file to put in it's finial storage area.
Sonarr doesn't have an unrar feature so I have to use a Deluge plugin for this task. I tried Extractor and it did unrar the files but it put them in an “extracted” folder. Sonarr looks for the files in the folder containing the download rar files. So I tried to get the Extractor plugin to extract the rars into the torrents completed folder but it refuses to work. Now I'm trying the simpleextractor like you suggested I followed your directions...Extract to must be empty and "Extract Torrent in-place" must be checked, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any guidance would be great.

Please keep in mind I'm a noob at this but I'm willing to learn.
antking

Post by antking »

Still having this problem someone stated I should write a execute event to unrar to the completed folder but I don't know how could someone point me in the right direction.
:D
antking

Post by antking »

Okay I figured it out it took almost a year but hey. I'm posting it here just in case someone out there is having the same problem as me. I ended up using a script for the execute plugin (http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/Execute) it's the script at the bottom Extract archives script. I'm using NAS4Free and have deluge setup in a jail. For the longest it wouldn't work for me until I read somewhere that NAS4Free doesn't come with Bash installed it comes with tcsh. I added the Bash package then moved the Bash file into the primary bin folder then the script worked. Now everything so far is running pretty smooth. 8-)