[Plugin] MyScheduler v2.0.0a1 (Forced Start) - Testers needed for Deluge 2.x

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
h3llrais3r

Re: [Plugin] MyScheduler v0.3.3 (Forced Start)

Post by h3llrais3r »

I don't really understand what you mean, so can you please explain more in detail?
You can already say on which day on which our you want to download...
Ansem

Post by Ansem »

I mean, sometimes during the scheduled time where It should be paused or slower, I want to download at full speed anyway.
Can you add a button to momentaneally return to the original limitation?
h3llrais3r

Post by h3llrais3r »

That's why you have the force start functionality... It downloads at full speed, even when it's scheduled not to download.
That's the whole reason why this plugin is created. ;)
Wezz
New User
New User

Post by Wezz »

Yup it's working again over thin client. Good job =) !

I tried forced start a looong time ago and back then it didn't do anything. Maybe it was broken back then. I will try to see how it works now.

EDIT: Forced start does nothing for me. I have the download capped and pressed forced start but nothing happened. Torrent is still downloading at capped speed and not even an x mark is displayed near the "force start" button. Tested on thin client and server using RDP.
h3llrais3r

Post by h3llrais3r »

I've just tested it myself again (with latest plugin version) and the force download actually starts downloading, when I'm in the a period when downloading is disabled by the scheduler.
2016-09-04 16_34_27-.png
2016-09-04 16_34_27-.png (66.31 KiB) Viewed 13031 times
PS: force start does indeed nothing when you are in a 'capped' period, since your download is already downloading.
So for me it's logical that the force start does nothing when it's already downloading. ;)
mateusz
New User
New User

Post by mateusz »

Hello, I am a happy user of the Deluge scheduler plugin. I use it because I live on a metered link, which becomes unmetered during a few hours during the night.

There is one thing that I miss, though - it's the ability to set my schedules with a little more precision than only on hourly boundaries. For example, being able to set my downloads to run from 00h30 to 5h30 (a 15 minutes precision would be even better, but I'm not sure it would be easy to fit visually inside the plugin window). Any chance for such evolution to happen in some distant future?

Rationale: my ISP is providing me an uncapped link during specific hours at night (00h00-06h00). Problem is, their clock is off by a few minutes, so I have to apply some margin on my side. Currently I "loose" 2 hours of downloads because of this (have to set the scheduler to 01h00-05h00). Having the ability to set 00h30-05h30 instead would be a huge improvement (or better 00h15-05h45)
h3llrais3r

Post by h3llrais3r »

Sorry, but if it's will not be included in the default scheduler, I won't implement this in this scheduler.
I want to keep it as identical as the original one, but just with the force start functionality additionally.

PS: even when the clock is a few minutes off, I don't think you'll download GB's of data in those few mintues, so I propose you schedule it between 00h00 and 06h00. But even then, if you can download for 4hours at full speed (for me f.e. I have a 200mbps line), you'll even download a lot of gb's ;)
mateusz
New User
New User

Post by mateusz »

h3llrais3r wrote:Sorry, but if it's will not be included in the default scheduler, I won't implement this in this scheduler.
Fair enough.
h3llrais3r wrote:PS: even when the clock is a few minutes off, I don't think you'll download GB's of data in those few mintues, so I propose you schedule it between 00h00 and 06h00.
The ISP's clock is off by approx. 6 to 8 minutes. During this time, deluge is able to download around 50 MB on this link. In a month, this would add up to 1.5 GB, which is 15% of my 10GB VSAT plan. That's quite a lot.
h3llrais3r wrote:But even then, if you can download for 4hours at full speed (for me f.e. I have a 200mbps line), you'll even download a lot of gb's ;)
It all depends on the availability of the torrents, some of them are very low-speed. Anyway, 6 hours is 50% better than 4 hours in any case. :)
h3llrais3r

Post by h3llrais3r »

Ok, that's indeed a lot of difference and certainly if you have a limit of 10GB.
Perhaps another alternative is adapting your clock to the clock of your ISP?
See http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/32 ... s-8-a.html to disable the automatic time synchronization in Windows 8.
Wezz
New User
New User

Post by Wezz »

h3llrais3r wrote:PS: force start does indeed nothing when you are in a 'capped' period, since your download is already downloading.
So for me it's logical that the force start does nothing when it's already downloading. ;)
I see. But would it be possible for you to make the forced start bypass the caps for a torrent completely if it's capped? Isn't that what forced start does at the moment? Let a torrent go uncapped, if it's in the paused (red) schedule. So it wouldn't be that hard, would it, to also let the capped (yellow) torrents go uncapped if they are forced start?