Scheduler locked in slow mode

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Rotaboz
New User
New User

Scheduler locked in slow mode

Post by Rotaboz »

Hey all

I'm totally new to Deluge and still figuring stuff out. I'm running a headless Deluge 1.3.12 on Debian on a Pi 2 and monitor it on Windows (also 1.3.12). It seems as if the scheduler doesn't go into fast mode when scheduled so, but keeps the speed limit of the slow mode.

The speed limit that it's supposed to have is properly shown in the bottom status bar, but the actual speeds are capped at the slow settings.

I looked for this in the forum but didn't find anything similar (except for a force start scheduler).

Anyone that could help me?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Scheduler locked in slow mode

Post by Cas »

Yes sorry I make a mistake in 1.3.12 when fixing another issue. Here is the fix applied for next release: http://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/co ... 6d437d140e
Rotaboz
New User
New User

Post by Rotaboz »

Cas wrote:Yes sorry I make a mistake in 1.3.12 when fixing another issue. Here is the fix applied for next release: http://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/co ... 6d437d140e
Ah thanks :) How do I change this? I tried all sorts of variations of

Code: Select all

sudo nano /deluge/plugins/scheduler/scheduler/core.py
to manually change that line, but I can't find the file :/ I'm a complete linux noob :/
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It depends how you installed, if from source code then edit that and reinstall but to quickly find the file actually on your system use: `locate scheduler/core.py`
gavcity

Post by gavcity »

Thanks very much for this fix and thank you for a great program.
jeffez
New User
New User

Post by jeffez »

On a deluge install from source on Debian, is re-installing simply just running the install process again? Does it install over the top of itself, or is there more to it?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The quick answer is yes it replaces existing code. :)
jeffez
New User
New User

Post by jeffez »

Tested and working, thanks :)
Jazzelhawk
New User
New User

Scheduler plugin problems

Post by Jazzelhawk »

So I had my deluge server running on linux and had the client working from my windows machine. Everything works fine and speeds are normal. But when I enable the scheduler plugin things seem to be unstable. Speeds are low and sometimes the tracker status says timed out.

I looked in the warning.log and I see this error:

Code: Select all

[ERROR   ] 22:25:03 init:50 Unable to enable plugin!
[ERROR   ] 22:25:03 init:51 'PreferencesManager' object has no attribute 'do_config_set_func'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/init.py", line 48, in enable
    self.plugin.enable()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2.egg/scheduler/core.py", line 98, in enable
    self.do_schedule(False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2.egg/scheduler/core.py", line 144, in do_schedule
    self.__apply_set_functions()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2.egg/scheduler/core.py", line 130, in __apply_set_functions
    component.get("PreferencesManager").do_config_set_func(setting, core_config[setting])
AttributeError: 'PreferencesManager' object has no attribute 'do_config_set_func'
[ERROR   ] 22:25:04 rpcserver:304 Exception calling RPC request: 'PreferencesManager' object has no attribute 'do_config_set_func'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
    ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2.egg/scheduler/core.py", line 176, in set_config
    self.do_schedule(False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2.egg/scheduler/core.py", line 144, in do_schedule
    self.__apply_set_functions()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Scheduler-0.2.egg/scheduler/core.py", line 130, in __apply_set_functions
    component.get("PreferencesManager").do_config_set_func(setting, core_config[setting])
AttributeError: 'PreferencesManager' object has no attribute 'do_config_set_func'
Does anyone know what is wrong and can help me? Thanks

Edit:
So I read above that there was a mistake in 1.3.12 and so I decided to build deluge from source instead. That fixed my problems and everything works great :)