Plugin for filtering/searching files inside a torrent

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Yincognito

Plugin for filtering/searching files inside a torrent

Post by Yincognito »

Is there a plugin which either filters or searches for files/folders inside a torrent? Cause I can't seem to find one.
And if there isn't one, would someone be kind enough to make it?

I'm envisioning the same (or close to) functionality as the Torrent Content box from the Content tab in Qbittorrent. Basically a way to find specific files/folders inside a torrent. If that would include RegExp functionality, it would be excellent too.

In some mega torrents which contain thousands of files/folders, the manual selection of files/folders to download from the respective torrent would take ages. But with a plugin that searches inside the torrent, that would take seconds or minutes at most.

Example:
Say I have a torrent made of pdf or e-books and I want to download only Jack London's books, but in the torrent I have files like:

Jack London - some book 1.pdf
J. London - some book 2.mobi
some book 3 - Jack London.pdf
London, J. - some book 4.epub

Ordering the files in the torrent alphabetically (by name or by extension) and try to select using that method doesn't help, as for a big amount of files in the torrent, searching for those 4 files means I have to go through each title, considering the naming algorithm and the extension can be different from file to file. But having a little plugin which searches for the string "London" or ".*London.*" (RegExp) would select or find the exact titles I need to download.

So, is there something like that for Deluge? This is basically what keeps me still undecided between Deluge and Qbittorrent after dumping the cr@apware bundled UTorrent.