[Hack] Remove Torrents Force Torrent Only and Leave Data

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Shryp

[Hack] Remove Torrents Force Torrent Only and Leave Data

Post by Shryp »

I wanted to make this a plugin with options (always ask, always torrent, always data), but I kept getting confused. I have no python experience and only a little bit of C knowledge, but I edited the remove torrents file so now anytime you hit the delete key or click on the - icon it will automatically remove torrents and leave data with no popup window. I almost never use the remove data option, so I can easily do that manually when needed. Also, there seems to be plenty of posts on here of people accidentally deleting stuff from hitting the wrong button.

I gave this limited testing on Windows 7 with deluge 1.3.11 py 2.7 and it seems to work. Use it at your own risk.

For Windows 7 shutdown your client and copy the file below to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\deluge-1.3.11-py2.7.egg\deluge\ui\gtkui\removetorrentdialog.py

Note that this is a py file, and you will have a pyc file there already. You can leave the pyc file as it is the original and will be ignored while this file is in there. To remove this code just delete or move this file and restart your client and this will be back to default.

For other OSes or python versions, you will have to look around a bit, but it should work in theory as well.

http://shryp.ashendust.com/deluge/remov ... tdialog.py