[Plugin] Video/Audio Streaming Plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
gggirlgeek

Re: [Plugin] Video/Audio Streaming Plugin

Post by gggirlgeek »

I disabled the Streaming plugin so I could re-enable it as you said. Now it won't enable at all. The checkbox gets unticked after I hit Apply or click OK. I've tried uninstalling it (deleting the egg files and python-egg folder) but the Streaming plugin is still listed, saying invalid. I restarted Deluge as well. When I install it with an .egg file again I get the same result. I tried enabling it on the remote Daemon but it also does the same thing. I even tried restarting my Seedbox as well as my computer.
Deluge v1.13
libtorrent v1.09.09
Seedbox: Debian 8.6
Client on: Win7x64
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

It works!! I had to use "Quit and Shutdown the Daemon", and then restart/reconnect. It works from both the Daemon's WebUI and the Thin Client. As a matter of fact StreamingProtocol works great too -- not a failure at all! It allows me to use MPC-HC without having to copy the url or download the entire file ahead of time. This is just what I needed. SSL works too, sort of. It let's me download the file into temp folders, then it opens it in whatever media player I want. Good for paranoid-mode.

I prefer watching media straight from my torrent client, where I can manage and delete files all in one place. However, I also want the great sound and video that MPC-HC offers in a nice home theater system. To put the icing on the cake, I want to have access to my files anywhere in the world. Deluge+Seedbox+Streaming Plugin makes all that happen. I feel spoiled.

Thank you so much!
Deluge v1.13
libtorrent v1.09.09
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

Can you tell us: What is "Allow Remote Control"? Can I use it with my client, or over the WebUI where I access my Daemon (on remote seedbox)?
Deluge v1.13
libtorrent v1.09.09
JohnDoee

Post by JohnDoee »

I'm happy you got it working. For further reference (to anyone who might hit lots of problems), you can go into the deluge config folder and delete streaming.conf to clear all streaming plugin settings.

The StreamProtocol is not polished at all and the GreaseMonkey integration is really the weak point, that's why I don't think it's all that great :)

The "Allow Remote Control" is to make it possible to integrate it into other software if you want to make your own media server software or plugin (e.g. for Kodi). Similar to Popcorn-Time/ButterProject and Quasar for Kodi works. Deluge can run on a seedbox and is allowed on private trackers which makes it unique.

You should already be able to stream from your remote seedbox using WebUI already.
enri
New User
New User

Post by enri »

When I try this plugin, I found that the hostname must be set to a proper address, otherwise the streaming will not be accessible

my case:
1. Macbook ip address 192.168.1.5, hostname in plugin set to 127.0.0.1, local Chrome or VLC can download/watch the video. iPhone in 192.168.1.100 cannot browse/watch the video even I point the address back to the correct ip address i.e. changing the url from http://127.0.0.1:46123/.... to http://192.168.1.5:46123/..... It only works after I change the hostname in plugin to 192.168.1.5

2. Deluge in Docker address 10.0.3.2, stay in NAS 192.168.1.3, port forwarded (opened) so that other device is able to browse the WebGUI of Deluge. At the beginning, because I do not know the property mentioned in point 1, setting 192.168.1.3 in the hostname field does not work, until I set 10.0.3.2 and then other device can get the stream working, by getting the url 10.0.3.2:46123/.... and change it to 102.168.1.3:46123/......

This makes me think.....like apache or vpn server, most of the time the server will set themselves to listen to traffic from a specific ip address - in this case the ip address in the hostname field. Would it be possible to write the plugin to listen to all the ip address?

Edit: Another thing I notice is, when the hostname is not set to the proper ip address, the link will not be generated properly
JohnDoee

Post by JohnDoee »

The plugin tries to bind the IP you specify, if it fails, then it will bind to 0.0.0.0. If the hostname resolves to a local IP, then it will bind to that local IP.

Do you want a checkbox like: "Listen to all IPs" ?

Regarding your edit, I do not see how that should happen. It generates URLs by putting the hostname field directly into the URL and that should be valid with any valid hostname. Is there something specific the plugin can do better here ?
undercash
New User
New User

Post by undercash »

I tried this plugin in 2 servers

first, it went really great and it's amazing how it can stream even if you only downloaded 5% of the file

the second server, i can't get it to work, the streaming url isn't correct. ex

Code: Select all

http://deluge-webui:8112/stream+http/streaming/file/xrdHDovIZyZb1fzwZZoztmmwP1/video.mp4
when it should be

Code: Select all

stream+http://deluge-ip:chosen-port/streaming/file/n011JmuWXGGQi6zbOpFHKwysHtLA/video.mkv
I have no idea why it's doing this..

Edit: I changed the streaming port and it now works! not sure why but that's great, thanks for the plugin
JohnDoee

Post by JohnDoee »

undercash wrote:Edit: I changed the streaming port and it now works! not sure why but that's great, thanks for the plugin
All you did was:
  • Install Plugin
  • Change port
?

Can you give me OS, Deluge version, how you installed it, how you started the stream (via WebUI or GTKUI) and other stuff you think I would need to reproduce please ? :)

I think I know what caused it and it's a bit of a dumb mistake by me.
undercash
New User
New User

Post by undercash »

hi sorry for the delay

yes all I did was changing the port, from 58846 (default for remote access I think) to anything else.

Ubuntu Linux 14.04.3
deluged: 1.3.15
libtorrent: 1.0.11.0

this is a thin client running on a server as you probably understand