can't get execute plugin to work

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
boyofford

Re: can't get execute plugin to work

Post by boyofford »

Cas wrote:There is a note on the Execute wiki that you need to restart Deluge before it will work which might be part of the issue here but this only required once after enabling the plugin.
I've done that already, think problem is linked to autologin.

Do you have Ubuntu, specifically 14.04? and use the execute plugin?
Are you able to replicate the problem at all if so by using autologin?
Don't worry if your busy bud, cheers for help so far.

I've just thought of something obvious I should do, I'll remove my upstart script and manually login to see if my 'execute' then works, I'm convinced its something to do with not having to put password in to start openbox on this machine and gnome on the other machine.

Bugging me know, though I've found less satisfactory methods for updating my xbmc library, using watchdog plugin in xbmc(on low powered system not great) and using autoupdate in xbmc( which works on time interval rather than being triggered, again not great)

Cheers
Rich
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Autologin should have no bearing on this. If you are using upstart then are you not also using a different user to run deluge? That would suggest the permission to run the file are not correct.
boyofford

Post by boyofford »

Cas wrote:Autologin should have no bearing on this. If you are using upstart then are you not also using a different user to run deluge? That would suggest the permission to run the file are not correct.
Autologin with login manager in a full ubuntu/gnome installation seems to cause same problem as using upstart to autologin in minimal installation for me.

But I'll do double check again tonight when have some time, was late other night when tried full ubuntu/gnome installed pc.

I'll see if I can get some time to install my minimal install from scratch to usb for testing as don't want to upset my main install.

The upstart/minimal install pc does have upstart using my user 'rich' from what I can see. And I did the chmod thing on the file, but I'm wondering now if that would work as wasn't logged in with password? just guessing here as I'm a noob.

Anyhow, I'll post back when confirmed some stuff. Sounds like the problem is me and not the plugin itself or the bash script.
boyofford

Post by boyofford »

Hard drive failure :?
So not bothering with this for now.

Off to go a different way, using openelec and transmission I think on reinstall, when get another hard drive that is.
This minimal install has been more trouble than it was worth!
Will post back if try this again and get same problem.