[Plugin] CopyMagnetURI v0.2

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
anonymous_user

Re: [Plugin] CopyMagnetURI v0.2

Post by anonymous_user »

After removing all traces of version 0.1, installing version 0.2 the plugin does not show.
Even if I copy it into the plugin folder or use the install button from the GUI, both times the .egg file will be in the plugin folder but the plugin will not populate within the client to activate.
http://www.bugmenot.com
Popwax
New User
New User

Post by Popwax »

There are two issues.

1. The 0.2 egg file is not valid, the content supposed to be at the root directory inside the zip file is moved into another directory.
2. Both version will hang the client.
chuck4100
New User
New User

Post by chuck4100 »

Having these same issues. Can we get a copy of v0.1 until there is a fix. Found nothing in google.
anonymous_user

Post by anonymous_user »

Is there anyone who still has the 0.1 version so we can actually use this plugin. Seems like the dev did not test it much after updating.

The bug report is not fixed and version two will not install.
http://www.bugmenot.com
chuck4100
New User
New User

Post by chuck4100 »

Hello, found I still had a copy of the plugin on my server Deluge I don't use so I never updated the plugin.

https://mega.nz/#!xVUCRLxI!53KwO7jaEiBC ... 5DTQpTSTzg

Just PM if the link ever breaks.
djsilver
New User
New User

Post by djsilver »

Whenever I try to click the link for the attachment I'm getting an error: "The selected attachment does not exist anymore." Does anybody have the plugin and could re-upload it?
arttysie

Post by arttysie »

Rather than giving your friend the magnet link based on the hash you should note that (in Linux) all torrent files
are stored in

~/.config/deluge/state

For Windows users this is

%APPDATA%/deluge/state
tlm
New User
New User

Post by tlm »

For anyone desperate to get this working, the fix for 0.2 is actually really simple, but it took me a while to figure out just because I'm not very familiar with the whole Python development thing and these "eggs" and whatnot. Since the developer has since abandoned the plugin, here's the steps to get it working:
  • Rename the downloaded .egg file to .zip
  • Extract it
  • Go inside the directory you get after extraction
  • Add all the files inside that directory to a .zip archive. That is to say: make it so that "EGG-INFO" and "copymagneturi" are in the root of the archive, and not in a subfolder.
  • Rename that archive to .egg again.
  • Install it! It will work now!
That's all you need. I have attached the fixed egg for anyone who doesn't want to go through with the above steps for whatever reason, but if you don't trust a new user, feel free to follow the instructions yourself.
Attachments
CopyMagnetURI-0.2-py2.7.egg
(18 KiB) Downloaded 1580 times
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

Didn't work for me. It locks up Deluge. I am running 1.3.14 client on Linux Mint 18.1 and 1.3.14 server on Debian wheezy.
tlm
New User
New User

Post by tlm »

gderf wrote:Didn't work for me. It locks up Deluge. I am running 1.3.14 client on Linux Mint 18.1 and 1.3.14 server on Debian wheezy.
Works for me on Jessie and Windows. Not sure what the problem on an older distro could be, unfortunately, as, again, I literally figured out how to do this whole thing pretty much by accident (comparing this egg to a working one).