[Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.6.1

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
MikeRO85
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.3 - Question

Post by MikeRO85 »

Firstly i'dd like to congratulate you for this great plugin.
Secondly, i have a bit of a dilemma. Is this plugin active after a new torrent is added, or will it take effect over older torrents? For say i have two torrents, torrent A with a ratio of 2 and torrent B with a ratio of 10, if i set this plugin to delete all torrents with a ratio over 5, will it delete torrent B (all torrents are before installing this plugin). Is there something i'm doing wrong?
As for my stats: OS: Ubuntu 14 Desktop; Deluge: 1.3.7 (set on non-classic mode)
alwayslrning
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.3 - Question

Post by alwayslrning »

I would love to have one more update to this plugin that adds the ability to use 2 exclusion criteria at the same time, i.e. minimum time AND minimum ratio
being able to use time and ratio together would be a HUGE addition and would make this plugin much more viable for autodl setups.

This is because some torrents just dont get a high ratio and will end up seeding indefinitely until you manually remove them. You could set the ratio lower (i.e. 1) and then more torrents would be deleted, but then you would lose out on a lot of torrents that don't have any problem seeding to a 5.0 ratio. The compromise is to leave the ratio cutoff relatively high so that we get the most out of good torrents, but then set a time limit so that the "bad" torrents will get removed even if they dont reach the ratio cutoff.

Wish i knew how to write programs i would totally do it myself.. unfortunately i dont, lol. Im sure devs get tired of users asking for new features, so the least i can do is try to be nice about it ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MikeRO85 wrote:Firstly i'dd like to congratulate you for this great plugin.
Secondly, i have a bit of a dilemma. Is this plugin active after a new torrent is added, or will it take effect over older torrents? For say i have two torrents, torrent A with a ratio of 2 and torrent B with a ratio of 10, if i set this plugin to delete all torrents with a ratio over 5, will it delete torrent B (all torrents are before installing this plugin). Is there something i'm doing wrong?
As for my stats: OS: Ubuntu 14 Desktop; Deluge: 1.3.7 (set on non-classic mode)
It only runs the check when a new torrent is added, not when a torrent finishes. Thus, Torrent B will not be removed until a new torrent is added.
(Im pretty sure that is how it works, i remember having the same problem before and that is what the developer told me)
Someone correct me if im wrong..
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.3

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Sorry for the absence, I have had a couple of hectic months at work, and haven't had much time to add more features to the plugin & answer questions. In christmas I hope I have time to do some stuff. I'm going to change how the plugin checks for torrents to delete. Instead of doing it when a torrent finishes downloading, it will check using an interval (e.g. every 30 min or whatever the user chooses). I'm also going to implement two criteria for removing torrents, and let the user choose if torrents have to fulfil both or either one.

To clear up the way the plugin works. If you set the minimum ratio to 5, the plugin will not delete any torrent that does not reach a ratio of 5. So, if torrent A has 2.0 and B 8.0, when it checks it will delete torrent B only. The plugin checks for torrents to erase every time a torrent finishes downloading. Also for people that want to delete every torrent and do not want to keep a minimum amount of torrents, they should use 0 in the maximum torrents tab. Otherwise, the plugin will delete only the necessary torrents to maintain the maximum number of torrents.

I hope that I have cleared everything up, I'll try to add the new features as soon as I can. Sorry for the absence guys.
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Just a quick update, I have finished work on the new features. I just have to add them to the WebUI and the new release will be ready. This weekend or the next one I will release the 0.4 version.
izeen

Post by izeen »

Having some problems with getting this plugin to work,

Running Deluge latest version 1.3.11 on Ubuntu Server 14.04 with Python 2.7.6, managing it through the deluge web-interface.
Installation of plugin works fine i set the parameters as following:

Max Torrents: 0
Remove by Ratio min: 1.1

And added two trackers to exclude, pressed apply. Tried adding a couple of new torrents and let them complete themselves(if i understood the previous post from the developer correctly torrents are only checked for removal after a new torrent has completed downloading) but nothing gets deleted. Restarted the deluge daemon and web-interface problem still persists. Is there any logging i could check for errors? Or am i doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thx in advance

Regards,
Izeen

UPDATE: Changed the criteria to date added instead and set it to 1, pressed apply and now it worked. Deleted all old torrents except those from the trackers i have specified! Great :)
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Plugin updated to version 0.4.

Users can now select the interval that the plugin will use to check for torrents that meet the removal criteria, the time interval is expected as days.

You can now select multiple criteria to delete torrents. You can choose if torrents have to fulfill both or either of them.

When upgrading, please review your settings, with -1 in the max torrents options just in case.

Sorry for the wait, but I think it was worth it! I will now get back to improving Deluge core so that there are some new WebUI goodies in the next release!
rick

Re: [Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.4

Post by rick »

XXXX --- Sorry, I've deleted my post. I had the seed_time values wrong!
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

rick wrote:XXXX --- Sorry, I've deleted my post. I had the seed_time values wrong!
No problem, I'm glad everything is working ok!
Log420
New User
New User

Post by Log420 »

I am experiencing the same issue listed above where torrents are not auto removed until/unless I open options and select apply or ok.
I am running current versions of deluge and the plugin.
Auto Remove Plus options are all set to zero (0) for testing purposes, except remove every which is left at default.
I"m confused why the removal only works when settings are not changed but apply/ok is selected in Deluge options.
Any assistance is appreciated, as this is an annoying issue.

I recently switched from utorrent due to the EpicScale malware issue, and the ability to auto remove torrents when completed is very important to me.

Thanks for any advice.
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Log420 wrote:I am experiencing the same issue listed above where torrents are not auto removed until/unless I open options and select apply or ok.
I am running current versions of deluge and the plugin.
Auto Remove Plus options are all set to zero (0) for testing purposes, except remove every which is left at default.
I"m confused why the removal only works when settings are not changed but apply/ok is selected in Deluge options.
Any assistance is appreciated, as this is an annoying issue.

I recently switched from utorrent due to the EpicScale malware issue, and the ability to auto remove torrents when completed is very important to me.

Thanks for any advice.
The default config for remove every is 0.5, this means that the plugin checks every 12 hours for torrents to delete. Check after 12 hours and it should remove every torrrent up until that point with the config you mentioned, to test you can try smaller intervals.