[Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.6.1

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Herdo
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.3

Post by Herdo »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:
No, you should not need anything special, what deluge version are you using? Make sure that the plugin version in both client and server is the same and that the egg that you installed is for the correct python version.

Edit: I have just tested the plugin with Deluge 1.3.6-7 on Windows 8.1. It works fine using deluged for me. The steps I followed where: install deluge, install correct plugin version, run deluged after configuring the plugin settings from the client.

I'm reinstalling now. The deluged server runs on the same Windows 8.1 machine as the client that will be accessing it. In other words, I am accessing deluged locally but through a daemon. What python version should I be using? I just assumed it was 2.6. I'm using Deluge version 1.3.7.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

EDIT: Yea, I just can't seem to get this to work. I've uninstalled everything and started fresh 3 times now trying various things. I install Deluge 1.3.7 using the windows installer. I've then tried accessing Deluge using both "deluge.exe" and "deluge-gtk.exe". I then install Auto Remove Plus v0.3 python version 2.6 and set it up (0 maximum torrents, date added, min .005 which should be a little over 7 minutes). I then download a torrent and close down the client but leave the deluged server running. I wait about 10 minutes and then come back to check and the torrent files are still there.

If I click the preferences button and then click "Apply", it then deletes the torrent files. I'm connected to deluged through the connection manager using localhost:58846. Maybe this is a problem on my end because I've also noticed it takes several minutes for the download to actually start.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe I need to install the plugin directly to deluged or something. I'm simply clicking "preferences" then "plugins" then "install plugins" and then I'm selecting the Auto Remove Plus egg. Is that the proper way to do it?

EDIT 2: I just realized it's not even working when I leave the deluge.exe or the deluge-gtk.exe clients open.

EDIT 3: I'm not sure what I did but I think it may be working. I'll update this post when I know more.

EDIT 4: Scratch that, it's not working...
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Herdo wrote: I'm reinstalling now. The deluged server runs on the same Windows 8.1 machine as the client that will be accessing it. In other words, I am accessing deluged locally but through a daemon. What python version should I be using? I just assumed it was 2.6. I'm using Deluge version 1.3.7.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

EDIT: Yea, I just can't seem to get this to work. I've uninstalled everything and started fresh 3 times now trying various things. I install Deluge 1.3.7 using the windows installer. I've then tried accessing Deluge using both "deluge.exe" and "deluge-gtk.exe". I then install Auto Remove Plus v0.3 python version 2.6 and set it up (0 maximum torrents, date added, min .005 which should be a little over 7 minutes). I then download a torrent and close down the client but leave the deluged server running. I wait about 10 minutes and then come back to check and the torrent files are still there.

If I click the preferences button and then click "Apply", it then deletes the torrent files. I'm connected to deluged through the connection manager using localhost:58846. Maybe this is a problem on my end because I've also noticed it takes several minutes for the download to actually start.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe I need to install the plugin directly to deluged or something. I'm simply clicking "preferences" then "plugins" then "install plugins" and then I'm selecting the Auto Remove Plus egg. Is that the proper way to do it?

EDIT 2: I just realized it's not even working when I leave the deluge.exe or the deluge-gtk.exe clients open.

EDIT 3: I'm not sure what I did but I think it may be working. I'll update this post when I know more.

EDIT 4: Scratch that, it's not working...
The python version depends on the installer that you have used, if you downloaded the installers inside py2.7 folder is 2.7 otherwise it should be 2.6. I will test today 8.1 with the 2.6 egg and see if it works. Your configuration looks correct, try downloading two torrents, one first and then the other one. See if it still does not remove any torrent. If none of that works, use from command prompt either:
  • deluge-debug.exe -L debug
  • deluged-debug.exe -L debug
And check for errors when the torrent finishes. You should see a line with do_remove and the information about the plugin.

Edit: I have figured out what could be your problem. If the download takes less than 7 min, when the torrent finishes downloading, it will try to delete it with no luck because of the minimum set. You could try to set it to 0 or download a second torrent. This happens because the plugin checks for excess torrents each time a torrent finishes downloading or when the user presses the ok or apply buttons in the preferences. It works that way so that it does not have to check for excess torrents on a timed loop, that would eat up more resources.
Herdo
New User
New User

Post by Herdo »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote: try downloading two torrents, one first and then the other one. See if it still does not remove any torrent.
This happens because the plugin checks for excess torrents each time a torrent finishes downloading or when the user presses the ok or apply buttons in the preferences. It works that way so that it does not have to check for excess torrents on a timed loop, that would eat up more resources.
Oh wow I feel like an idiot. That is most likely the problem. I have never actually waited for another torrent to download to check and see if it deleted the old torrents. I even thought to myself "I wonder how it checks for old torrents? Is it on a timer?" haha :P.

It all makes more sense now, thank you. I have set it up so that some torrents should be deleted at any time now, and I should have a new torrent autodownload within the next 12 hours or so. I will update this post after that to let you know if it is working.

Thank you again!

EDIT: It appears to be working fine, and I am pretty sure it was working fine the entire time, haha. Thank you for all you your help!
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

No problem, actually I found a bug in the deluge develop branch thanks to this. I'm glad you got everything sorted out!
alwayslrning
New User
New User

Post by alwayslrning »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:Edit: I have figured out what could be your problem. If the download takes less than 7 min, when the torrent finishes downloading, it will try to delete it with no luck because of the minimum set. You could try to set it to 0 or download a second torrent. This happens because the plugin checks for excess torrents each time a torrent finishes downloading or when the user presses the ok or apply buttons in the preferences. It works that way so that it does not have to check for excess torrents on a timed loop, that would eat up more resources.
Yeah I'm having this same "problem" .. I just came back to report it to you and now I see its already been addressed. I will often go a few days without opening my thin client (which uses a daemon to access the deluge instance on my seedbox).. I open my thin client after a few days and I see several torrents that are above my Ratio limit.. the only way I get them to remove is to open preferences and select 'Apply'.
Since I use Autodl, there are always lots of torrents coming in and so would live to have them be removed automatically once they hit my defined ratio.. and do so without me having to open the thin client..
It would be nice to be able to go away for a few days and have autodl bring in a bunch of stuff and then have this plugin remove most of it.. all I do is sit back and build ratio and snatches.. Maybe there are some torrents that *are* being removed automatically, but just a few of them are left lingering until the next time the plugin checks for excess?
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

alwayslrning wrote: Yeah I'm having this same "problem" .. I just came back to report it to you and now I see its already been addressed. I will often go a few days without opening my thin client (which uses a daemon to access the deluge instance on my seedbox).. I open my thin client after a few days and I see several torrents that are above my Ratio limit.. the only way I get them to remove is to open preferences and select 'Apply'.
Since I use Autodl, there are always lots of torrents coming in and so would live to have them be removed automatically once they hit my defined ratio.. and do so without me having to open the thin client..
It would be nice to be able to go away for a few days and have autodl bring in a bunch of stuff and then have this plugin remove most of it.. all I do is sit back and build ratio and snatches.. Maybe there are some torrents that *are* being removed automatically, but just a few of them are left lingering until the next time the plugin checks for excess?
Yes, it is certainly possible. If you want to check if this is the case, just open the thin client look if there should be torrents removed (meet the minimum requirement) and instead of pressing apply on the preferences menu, start downloading any torrent and close the thin client. After it is done downloading, check if the torrents where removed. The only exception, but I don't think it is your case would be a bug that I found for people that compiled manually deluge from the develop branch.

Edit: I could implement an option to check for excess torrents every X time, if people prefer it that way.
alwayslrning
New User
New User

Post by alwayslrning »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:If you want to check if this is the case, just open the thin client look if there should be torrents removed (meet the minimum requirement) and instead of pressing apply on the preferences menu, start downloading any torrent and close the thin client. After it is done downloading, check if the torrents where removed.
Ok, I will give this a try soon. I imagine it will work as intended :)
XxOsurfer3xX wrote:Edit: I could implement an option to check for excess torrents every X time, if people prefer it that way.
That would be great! I know the concern is resources, but I can't imagine it would put a huge strain on the server/seedbox.. I assume it's not much different than people running various scripts on a 15-minute crontab interval.. I suppose it could be the responsibility of the end-user to determine how much of their resources they want to spend on running the plugin, and thus it wouldn't be your (the developer's) burden to carry..
tabagista
New User
New User

Post by tabagista »

Hi,
first of all thank you for this awesome plugin!!!
I was wondering about a new feature: I think most of the people that use and appreciate your plugin are people who use autodl. Deluge has a "bug" that download from the watch folder every .torrent is in that folder when you restart the server. So, deleting the files, when I restart the server deluge continue to download every time the same torrents (because it founds the .torrent in the watch folder). So my feature request is:

Is it possible to delete also the .torrent files related to the torrents I want to delete every TOT seedtime/ratio? (If possible making also the name of watch folder changeable, because each of us can have a different name for the watch folder).

Anyway thank you for your work!
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

tabagista wrote:Hi,
I was wondering about a new feature: I think most of the people that use and appreciate your plugin are people who use autodl. Deluge has a "bug" that download from the watch folder every .torrent is in that folder when you restart the server. So, deleting the files, when I restart the server deluge continue to download every time the same torrents (because it founds the .torrent in the watch folder). So my feature request is:

Is it possible to delete also the .torrent files related to the torrents I want to delete every TOT seedtime/ratio? (If possible making also the name of watch folder changeable, because each of us can have a different name for the watch folder).

I think what you ask for could be possible, but as I have said before, I want to get more general functionality out of the way. Also, I would recommend taking a look at FlexGet. That is what I use to auto download, no watch folders and can be adapted to almost any type of use.
tabagista
New User
New User

Post by tabagista »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:
tabagista wrote:Hi,

I think what you ask for could be possible, but as I have said before, I want to get more general functionality out of the way. Also, I would recommend taking a look at FlexGet. That is what I use to auto download, no watch folders and can be adapted to almost any type of use.
Thank you! I'll take a look at FlexGet.

Anyway if can help I also think that you should put some example in the plugin (as you said some post before).
I got confused too because of the "max torrent field" set to -1 (I had at -1 and was wondering why it didn't delete anything and then reading the all topic I realized the real meaning of that field....I thought it was like "the maximum no matter if the requirements are met or not").

+1 to the idea of different rules for different tracker

And one more question:
In the field "Exempted Trackers:" I should put the name of the tracker showed in the "tracker column" of webUI or I should put the link I see when I click on a torrent details like: http://tracker.****:****/