[Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.6.1

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
alwayslrning
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.3

Post by alwayslrning »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:
alwayslrning wrote:Your problem is that you have to set the maximum number of torrents, in the screenshot you have -1 (infinite). You should set it to the number of torrents that you want to keep active in your client at the same time. For example, 3 or whatever number you like.
hmmm.. well the thing is, I don't really care how many torrents are there, so long as none of them are greater than 3.0 ratio.

So basically yourse saying, if I have 10 torrents less than 3.0 ratio (and thus i want to keep them) and 6 torrents greater than 3.0 ratio (and thus i want them removed), I need to have this number set to 10 so it will remove the other 6.. is that correct? The problem with this is, tomorrow I may have 15 torrents that are less than 3.0 ratio (and thus I want to keep all 15) and now I have to raise the max torrents value to 15.

The number of torrents that are less than 3.0 (which are torrents i want to keep) will tend to increase over time.. this is why i left the value set to infinity.

EDIT: Wait, is this setting supposed to define the number of torrents to keep that would otherwise be removed (i.e. greater than 3.0 ratio, in my case), and is irrelevant to any other torrent?
Herdo
New User
New User

Post by Herdo »

alwayslrning wrote: hmmm.. well the thing is, I don't really care how many torrents are there

Bingo. I've been trying to get this plugin to work for days but after coming here and reading comments from other users who had the same questions, it seems we were all confused on what this plugin does.

I just need a plugin that can delete a torrent and its data after X days/hours/minutes or delete a torrent and its data after it reaches X ratio, etc.

Auto Remove Plus seems to be geared more towards managing the number of torrents rather than actual automation. I use Deluge along with Sickbeard and Plex, and I just need something that can delete last weeks TV shows 7 days after they were added so that I don't have to manually go in and delete them.

It's a great plugin, but it would be even better if there was a "Disregard maximum torrents and delete after X seed time, days since add, or ratio." button.

EDIT: I'm a moron. I'm not sure why it took me so long to realize this, but if you just put 0 for the max torrents it probably won't worry about the number of torrents at all and just delete the torrents after X days since added, days seeded or ratio. I just woke up, give me a break. :lol:
alwayslrning
New User
New User

Post by alwayslrning »

Herdo wrote:EDIT: I'm a moron. I'm not sure why it took me so long to realize this, but if you just put 0 for the max torrents it probably won't worry about the number of torrents at all and just delete the torrents after X days since added, days seeded or ratio. I just woke up, give me a break. :lol:
yep lol, thats what i was eluding to in my EDIT at the end of my post above. It seems the setting should be called "number of torrents to keep that meet the minimum ratio/time/date" .. which is why infinity (-1) setting will not remove any torrents because it is keeping them all ;)
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Sorry for not being able to answer before, but you guys are correct setting 0 torrents as the maximum will delete all torrents that reach the minimum ratio/time. I may put some examples in the plugin info so its easier for other people.
alwayslrning
New User
New User

Post by alwayslrning »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:Sorry for not being able to answer before, but you guys are correct setting 0 torrents as the maximum will delete all torrents that reach the minimum ratio/time. I may put some examples in the plugin info so its easier for other people.
no worries, just glad to get it working. thanks for your work, it is much appreciated :D

PS - I look forward to having multiple criteria! (would also be nice if we could have the choice of joining the 2 (or more) conditions with an "AND" or an "OR" logic -- not sure if you've put that much thought into it)
Herdo
New User
New User

Post by Herdo »

No problem, thanks for the reply and thanks for the awesome plugin.

Is there any way to run this through deluged? I have an HTPC running deluged 24/7 but the actual client is only connected through a daemon occasionally. It seems as though the actual Deluge client needs to be running or the plugin doesn't work.
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Herdo wrote:No problem, thanks for the reply and thanks for the awesome plugin.

Is there any way to run this through deluged? I have an HTPC running deluged 24/7 but the actual client is only connected through a daemon occasionally. It seems as though the actual Deluge client needs to be running or the plugin doesn't work.
I'll look into this as soon as I can.
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Using Deluge 1.3.6/7 I am not able to reproduce the issue. What version/OS are you using?
Herdo
New User
New User

Post by Herdo »

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:

Using Deluge 1.3.6/7 I am not able to reproduce the issue. What version/OS are you using?
Hmm, I'm using Windows 8.1 to run deluged and the Deluge client to connect to it. Do I need to do something special? I installed the plugin before I actually was using deluged.
XxOsurfer3xX
Leecher
Leecher

Post by XxOsurfer3xX »

Herdo wrote:
XxOsurfer3xX wrote:

Hmm, I'm using Windows 8.1 to run deluged and the Deluge client to connect to it. Do I need to do something special? I installed the plugin before I actually was using deluged.
No, you should not need anything special, what deluge version are you using? Make sure that the plugin version in both client and server is the same and that the egg that you installed is for the correct python version.

Edit: I have just tested the plugin with Deluge 1.3.6-7 on Windows 8.1. It works fine using deluged for me. The steps I followed where: install deluge, install correct plugin version, run deluged after configuring the plugin settings from the client.