Edit Email Notifications

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
umbongodrink
New User
New User

Edit Email Notifications

Post by umbongodrink »

Hello All

Please could I ask for some help? I have turned on email notifications for Deluge, and I have it working fine. Whenever a torrent finishes I get an email saying

This email is to inform you that Deluge has finished downloading "<torrent_content>", which includes <n> files.
To stop receiving these alerts, simply turn off email notification in Deluge's preferences.

Thank you,
Deluge.

What I would like to do is to edit this message, so the notification is more to my liking. I would like to change the wording of it.

Could anyone please tell me where this config file or template exists? I am running the latest version of Raspbian operating system (i.e. a version of Debian).

Thank you very much in advance. :)
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Edit Email Notifications

Post by Cas »

plugins/notifications/notifications/core.py ~line 200
umbongodrink
New User
New User

Post by umbongodrink »

Dear Cas

thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry could you give me a full-qualified path, starting from the root? Please forgive my ignorance.

As I say I'm using Raspbian.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The absolute path depends on the OS but you can use `locate` command on linux:

Code: Select all

locate plugins/notifications/notifications/core.py
umbongodrink
New User
New User

Post by umbongodrink »

Thank you for your quick response.

Strangely, Raspbian doesn't include the locate application, and installing it hasn't allowed me to 'find' the path.

However I have managed to find it, and for Raspbian the absolute path seems to be:

/usr/share/pyshared/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.1.egg/notifications

Strange that although the Notifications plugin was automatically installed as part of the Deluge installation (as opposed to a munually installed .egg file), the Notifications still appears as a .egg directory, as per the path above...

Anyway, I have successfully edited the core.py document and I am very happy to be receiving the notifications that I want now. :) Thank you very much for your time and excellent application!
diwit
New User
New User

Post by diwit »

Hi,

I am trying to edit the contents (subject / body) of the notifications email I get every time a download is finished, but I can't find how to do it.
I did it no problem on my Raspberry Pi, but now I have installed Deluge on a different machine running windows 7 and can't seem to find the core.py file.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.