[plugin] Default Trackers

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
stefantalpalaru

[plugin] Default Trackers

Post by stefantalpalaru »

I found myself waiting way too long for a torrent added as an infohash to find peers through DHT so I wondered what it would be like to have a set of default trackers that would be added to each torrent (infohash or not). I'm happy with the resulting plugin even if the functionality is limited. Please give it a try (after making sure you don't risk disseminating any private torrent): https://github.com/stefantalpalaru/delu ... t-trackers
bobodod

Re: [plugin] Default Trackers

Post by bobodod »

Works great! Thanks!
Auguss
New User
New User

Post by Auguss »

I am having trouble getting the egg for plugin install when I enter "python setup.py bdist_egg" to create the .egg I get the error code of
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 41, in <module>
from setuptools import setup, find_packages
ImportError: No module named setuptools
I do CD to the directory but what am I doing wrong?
kremzu

Post by kremzu »

Is it possible to use this with the webui or console clients? I run a headless debain server and wanted to switch to deluge to use this, as manually adding trackers to every torrent is really annoying. I built the egg and added the plugin via the deluge webui, and it shows enabled both on the webui and console client. However I dont see where I am supposed to add the default tracker list. I tried creating a defaulttracker.conf file in my config directory with just a list of urls in it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is the GTK client required for this? Is there any way at all to do it from console?

edit: nevermind, I got it working by adding the trackers by hand to core.py and rebuilding the egg
Pareeeee

Post by Pareeeee »

I am having trouble getting the egg for plugin install when I enter "python setup.py bdist_egg" to create the .egg I get the error code of
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 41, in <module>
from setuptools import setup, find_packages
ImportError: No module named setuptools
I do CD to the directory but what am I doing wrong?
I am having the same problem!!! Can't install...help!
seanvree@hotmail.com

Post by seanvree@hotmail.com »

This doesn't work if using a thin client or NOT in classic mode, correct?