[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
aperception
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by aperception »

Sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, but I'm also getting the urlopen error on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, which uses Python 2.7.6.

Is there any way to fix the issue other than upgrading my python version? 14.04 depends on 2.7.6, so upgrading to python 2.7.9 where the issue is allegedly fixed is not so easy, and I'm not too sure how I should set up a virtual environment for it. Here is a URL to reproduce.

I tested that urllib.request.urlopen() works on the test url with python3, but presumably running deluge on python3 is not currently an option? In the meantime before hell freezes over and python3 is adopted by everyone, maybe you could catch the exception and outsource to the curl / wget shell commands (which I checked also work) when on a linux based system? Unfortunately you'd need to do that for both the rss feed itself and the links within it.
FearTheDragon

Post by FearTheDragon »

Great plug-in, works flawlessly on Ubuntu 14.10 upgraded to 15.04.

1 Question though, is it possible to have a subscription evaluate 2 RSS Feeds ? Or do a "Group RSS" similar to what rutorrent does ?

Would it be as simple as modifying the following value in the conf:

Code: Select all

"rssfeed_key": "1"
to

"rssfeed_key": "1,0"
Or something to the effect ?

Thanks and great work.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

aperception wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, but I'm also getting the urlopen error on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, which uses Python 2.7.6.

Is there any way to fix the issue other than upgrading my python version? 14.04 depends on 2.7.6, so upgrading to python 2.7.9 where the issue is allegedly fixed is not so easy, and I'm not too sure how I should set up a virtual environment for it. Here is a URL to reproduce.

I tested that urllib.request.urlopen() works on the test url with python3, but presumably running deluge on python3 is not currently an option? In the meantime before hell freezes over and python3 is adopted by everyone, maybe you could catch the exception and outsource to the curl / wget shell commands (which I checked also work) when on a linux based system? Unfortunately you'd need to do that for both the rss feed itself and the links within it.
Hi

I'm not sure how easy it is to solve with python 2.7.6, and tbh, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. Have you tried using custom PPAs such as https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/ ... -python2.7 ?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

FearTheDragon wrote:Great plug-in, works flawlessly on Ubuntu 14.10 upgraded to 15.04.

1 Question though, is it possible to have a subscription evaluate 2 RSS Feeds ? Or do a "Group RSS" similar to what rutorrent does ?

Would it be as simple as modifying the following value in the conf:

"rssfeed_key": "1"
to

"rssfeed_key": "1,0"
Or something to the effect ?

Thanks and great work.
That will not work. Handling this will require changes to the code.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
ranhiru

YaRSS2 - CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

Post by ranhiru »

I am trying to setup YaRSS2 on the Daemon.

However after adding an RSS Feed, I can't seem to add a Subscription. I keep getting the following error at the bottom of the window.

<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>
I am accessing remotely through Deluge 1.3.12 Mac OSX Client.

Other info
Deluged: 1.3.10
libtorrent: 0.16.18.0
Python: 2.7.9-1

Enabled Plugins
YaRSS2

Any idea how to resolve this ?
aperception
New User
New User

Post by aperception »

@bro

How about something like this in torrent_handling.py as an alternative workaround? It's working perfectly for me (assuming I change the https in the feed url itself to http... You might want to consider doing that automatically too)

try:
            try:
                r = requests.get(torrent_url, **args)
            except IOError as e:
                # you might be able to catch the more specific SSLError instead of IOError
                self.log.warn('IOError downloading torrent; attempting to use http')
                r = requests.get(torrent_url.replace('https://', 'http://'), **args)
            download.filedump = r.content
        except Exception, e:
            # as before
It's not really realistic to ask everyone to update their python version IMHO.
QQmoarbae

Re: YaRSS2 - CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

Post by QQmoarbae »

ranhiru wrote:I am trying to setup YaRSS2 on the Daemon.

However after adding an RSS Feed, I can't seem to add a Subscription. I keep getting the following error at the bottom of the window.

<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>
I am accessing remotely through Deluge 1.3.12 Mac OSX Client.

Other info
Deluged: 1.3.10
libtorrent: 0.16.18.0
Python: 2.7.9-1

Enabled Plugins
YaRSS2

Any idea how to resolve this ?
Same issue. Accessing local client directly.

Deluged: 1.3.12-1ubuntu1
libtorrent: not sure
Python: 2.7.10

Maybe it is related to this since we both have 2.7.9+ versions http://stackoverflow.com/a/30209998 and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2780 ... 9#27826829
daerragh
New User
New User

Post by daerragh »

Please allow at least 1 minute interval between rss feed updates. 5 mins is too much a resolution, 5 minutes after a torrent had been uploaded there is often nothing to seed left because all rtorrent seedboxes have already completed their downloads few minutes earlier and there are, let's say, 50 seeds when my deluge just starts to download.
Gripweed

Post by Gripweed »

bro wrote: There is no way to do that in current version. The best alternative is to add the torrents in paused mode and manually resume the one you want to download (and remove the others).
Hi! I'm new here because two of my torrent sites both decided that Vuze wasn't acceptable anymore and I had to choose something on their OK Client list. Deluge was one of the only clients that both sites says is acceptable and so I switched to it. No regrets. For the most part it runs just as well as Vuze. Where I am experiencing a problem is with your YaRSS2 plugin. The problem is that I'm experiencing multiple downloads of the same type file. As an example every week 1 or 2 new "groups" release a version of Game of Thrones. I "NOT" out the extra groups and a week later there are additional other group releases. As I quoted you above I realize that I could add the torrents in paused mode but that's not an elegant answer. I, also, took a try at setting up Flexget but it made my head spin. When I was back in my 20's my mind would welcome a challenge to set up a program like that but 40 years later not so much. I also tried a program called Sonarr which is so much more than what I need and I gave up anyway because it wouldn't communicate with Deluge like it was supposed to.
I went through the messages here and a lot of people have requested a "counter" or "history" feature added to YaRSS2 over the years. It's a pretty basic feature for any RSS plugin and to my "non-code writing in a long time" mind it seems like something that would not take very long to throw together. I think you probably thought the same back in April of 2012 when you said that you would have it done in a few weeks.
So, basically what I'm trying to say is that I hope you will consider adding in that feature soon. I don't know what your situation is and so if I come across as demanding of your time which you don't have then I'm very sorry. I've just been spoiled for a very long time with a RSS plugin with Vuze that was very complete and worked very well. I just miss it. I would be willing to make a very generous donation to you if you make me feel spoiled again with a complete RSS plugin.
JayMan

Post by JayMan »

Hi all has there been any resolution to this issue yet when getting downloads via https with the RSS feeds.
[('SSL routines', 'SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO', 'tlsv1 alert internal error')]

Windows 7
Client: 1.3.12
Server: 1.3.12
libtorrent: 1.0.6.0
YaRSS2 1.4.3

I am not sure if this is a plugin issue or a client issue only because if I copy the download link from the RSS feed and manually try to download it in Deluge I get this error.