[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

UnnA^ wrote:I would really appreciate being able to have a limit lower than 15 mins as i use mine on a seedbox so ever minute is crucial when it comes to boosting ratio on private torrent sites. 15 minutes in my opinion is just too long because when you do get the torrent you miss out on seeding it to a lot of people that you could have. Really its up to you though. I appreciate all your hard work on this plugin :)

I'm not sure if it's in deluge itself but is it possible to add a maxfilesize command? E.G. if a release is bigger than a pre-defined size, it will not download? I use it for the example, i download the TV show Dexter and my rss filter is set to download anything that says "Dexter". But at the end of a season they quite often release a 30~GB pack of all the 720p releases or something like that which i don't want to download as it will kill my ratio. So yeah, can you possibly introduce something to the rss plugin that won't download files over a certain size?

Thanks!
The problem with lowering the minimum limit, is that (most?) people think, "Great, I'll just set it to 1 minute to get it as fast as possible", and that may result in the server admins banning the client. And believe me, they do not think twice about banning a client if it causes problems with stability of their server.

The lowest update interval I know being used (on popular torrent sites) is 10-15 minutes, so for normal users there is no point in updating more frequent, but I understand your problem and why you need more frequent updates. One solution would be to find out the exact time when the feed is updated, and start the timer so that it updates with the ttl interval exactly on the minute it is updated. I'll see if I can take a look at that when I find the time.

If the file size is available in the RSS Feed it would be possible to implement something, but not all RSS Feeds have the size included.
If you use a regex like this for e.g. season 2: S02E\d+ it should not download torrents that only has S02 in the name.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
gqsmooth
New User
New User

Post by gqsmooth »

bro wrote:
gqsmooth wrote:Hey Bro,

I'm having a little trouble installing this plugin. I'm running Deluge 1.3.5 on a seedbox. I am trying to install the YaRSS2 plugin through the thin client on my Windows 7 machine. I go to preferences > pluging > install plugin and select the 2.6 egg that I downloaded and hit ok. Nothing happens. I even tried installing it through the WebUI but still, no dice. I have restarted deluge and checked to see if it took after both methods and still, no dice. The plugin is getting uploaded to the deluge/config/plugins folder on my seed box but why is no option for YaRSS showing up in the available plugins list? Any help would be appreciated.
If the seedbox runs Python 2.7, it might require the 2.7 egg. In that case you'd have to install it manually. Can you find out which Python version it has?
The seedbox is states that it has 2.6 and 2.7 running. I also tried your other suggestion of changing the filename of the 2.7 egg to 2.6, no go.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Mefiras wrote:
bro wrote:Can you try a newer version (preferably 1.1.1) ? You need to restart Deluge after adding a new version.
Hi, thanks for the response. I've just updated it to 1.1.1 and restarted Deluge after that. The error looks similar, but in other files:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/gtkui/dialog_subscription.py", line 547, in on_button_save_subscription_clicked
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/gtkui/dialog_subscription.py", line 556, in save_subsription_data
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'
It's the same error as before. I'm not sure why it behaves differently on your system, but I've added tests to avoid the runtime error. Can you try the attached egg?
Attachments
YaRSS2-1.1.2-py2.7.egg
(223.74 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

gqsmooth wrote:
bro wrote:
gqsmooth wrote:Hey Bro,

I'm having a little trouble installing this plugin. I'm running Deluge 1.3.5 on a seedbox. I am trying to install the YaRSS2 plugin through the thin client on my Windows 7 machine. I go to preferences > pluging > install plugin and select the 2.6 egg that I downloaded and hit ok. Nothing happens. I even tried installing it through the WebUI but still, no dice. I have restarted deluge and checked to see if it took after both methods and still, no dice. The plugin is getting uploaded to the deluge/config/plugins folder on my seed box but why is no option for YaRSS showing up in the available plugins list? Any help would be appreciated.
If the seedbox runs Python 2.7, it might require the 2.7 egg. In that case you'd have to install it manually. Can you find out which Python version it has?
The seedbox is states that it has 2.6 and 2.7 running. I also tried your other suggestion of changing the filename of the 2.7 egg to 2.6, no go.
I'm not sure if it's possible to install a 2.7 egg from a Windows client onto a 2.7 daemon. You'd might have to manually copy the 2.7 egg into to plugins directory. I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct, but I can test this later.

If you could start Deluge with logging it would be easier to find the problem.

Code: Select all

$ deluged -l deluged.log -L info
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

UnnA^ wrote:I have a small issue, it doesn't really bother me but when you run deluge in windowed mode, like not in full screen and start to add a subscription, Deluge always crashes with a runtime error.

Pic - http://www.upl.co/uploads/error-35.jpg

It only does it when deluge is not in fullscreen mode which is kind of wierd. Doesn't affect me but I'm just reporting bugs if i find them.

Cheers.
Thanks for reporting, I'll test this and see if I can reproduce this.

@UnnA^, I sent you a PM
gqsmooth
New User
New User

Post by gqsmooth »

bro wrote:
I'm not sure if it's possible to install a 2.7 egg from a Windows client onto a 2.7 daemon. You'd might have to manually copy the 2.7 egg into to plugins directory. I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct, but I can test this later.

I'll try it tonight when I get off work. I can start debug mode from the Thin Client correct? If not, that's probably why you included the command line code. Where would the resultant log file be stored?
Mefiras
New User
New User

Post by Mefiras »

bro wrote:It's the same error as before. I'm not sure why it behaves differently on your system, but I've added tests to avoid the runtime error. Can you try the attached egg?
Unfortunately my seedbox is using python 2.6. Can you please post 1.1.2 with 2.6 py?
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

gqsmooth wrote:
bro wrote:

I'll try it tonight when I get off work. I can start debug mode from the Thin Client correct? If not, that's probably why you included the command line code. Where would the resultant log file be stored?
To get the log prints from the server you'd have to start the daemon with logging (above). Starting the thin client with logging will only give you the log prints from the client. But if you don' have shell access to the seedbox, it can't be done ;-(

The file deluged.log will contain the log prints. It's saved to the directory you're in when exectuting the command.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Mefiras wrote:
bro wrote:It's the same error as before. I'm not sure why it behaves differently on your system, but I've added tests to avoid the runtime error. Can you try the attached egg?
Unfortunately my seedbox is using python 2.6. Can you please post 1.1.2 with 2.6 py?
I think you can just change 2.7 to 2.6 in the filename and it should work.
Mefiras
New User
New User

Post by Mefiras »

bro wrote:I think you can just change 2.7 to 2.6 in the filename and it should work.
Brilliant! This version works. Thank you very much! :D :D