[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

look4me wrote:thanks for the info. i will contact the tracker that they fix it! but wouldn´t be a Database be useful ?!
The field to add would be the pubDate field as shown on the example on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

bro wrote:
LateralOctober wrote:I'm unable to download feeds from dailytvtorrents. It'll pull the feed, but ever time I try to run the subscription or download an individual torrent (to test) I get:

[ERROR ] 17:09:55 common:124 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:69: Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding

Deluge 1.3.5, yarss2 1.0.4 for python 2.7

RSS feed: http://www.dailytvtorrents.org/rss/show/covert-affairs
I'll check it out as soon as I can.
The reason http://www.dailytvtorrents.org doesn't work is that the link tag contains a link to a html page and not the torrent which most other torrent RSS feeds do. The torrent link is burried inside the descriptions tag insead. To fix this I'd need to add some mumbo jumbo to search the other tags for a torrent link if the real link is not a torrent link....
Last edited by bro on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Ok, new version out: 1.1.0
  • Added panel for log messages.
  • Added functionality to reset the last matched timestamp for subscriptions. (Options tab in subscription dialog)
  • Fixed bug where RSS feeds with no proper tag for the timestamp when the torrent was published would crash YaRSS2.
  • Fixed bug where the 'Published' column in matching panel for subscriptions wasn't properly populated.
The message log panel is basically filled with most of the log messages.

RSS feeds that do not have a proper pubDate field (timestamp for when the torrent was published) will now work. The only problem is that no timestamp for the latest match is stored, so if a torrent is added by YaRSS2 and removed from Deluge, YARSS2 will readd the torrent.

Please test and report back if you encounter any problems.

@shenron
Your request for a feature to ignore current items in the RSS feed has been implemented. Simply go to the Options tab and press the 'Now' button to set the timestamp to the current time.
Last edited by bro on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
zaphod0414
New User
New User

Post by zaphod0414 »

To (relatively) easily fix the missing pubDate tag for non-working RSS feeds, you can use a service called Yahoo Pipes to insert the required tag into the feed. Basically, Yahoo Pipes takes an RSS feed as input, and allows you to mess with it in various ways, and outputs the results. Most trackers do put a date in each RSS item, but it might not be in the standard pubDate tag. Using Yahoo Pipes, you can copy this date into a new tag named pubDate, and then use this pipe's output as your RSS feed in YaRSS2. I got Torrentday's feed working properly using this solution (read: workaround). I can provide more detailed instructions if needed, but the short version is:

1. Open the RSS feed in a web browser and view the page's source. You'll see all the tags for each item. Identify the tag that contains the published date.
2. Create a Yahoo account and build a new pipe. String the following modules together in the following order.
3. Use the fetch feed module to read the source feed.
4. Then use the rename module to copy the tag containing the date into a new tag called pubDate.
5. You may need to use the regex module to strip all but the time and date out of your new pubDate tag.
6. Use the Create RSS module to map the tags to conform to RSS standard.
7. Save and run the pipe. Click on "get as RSS" and use the link it sends you to as your RSS source in YaRSS2.

Hope this helps people out.

Z
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

zaphod0414 wrote:To (relatively) easily fix the missing pubDate tag for non-working RSS feeds, you can use a service called Yahoo Pipes to insert the required tag into the feed. Basically, Yahoo Pipes takes an RSS feed as input, and allows you to mess with it in various ways, and outputs the results. Most trackers do put a date in each RSS item, but it might not be in the standard pubDate tag. Using Yahoo Pipes, you can copy this date into a new tag named pubDate, and then use this pipe's output as your RSS feed in YaRSS2. I got Torrentday's feed working properly using this solution (read: workaround). I can provide more detailed instructions if needed, but the short version is:

1. Open the RSS feed in a web browser and view the page's source. You'll see all the tags for each item. Identify the tag that contains the published date.
2. Create a Yahoo account and build a new pipe. String the following modules together in the following order.
3. Use the fetch feed module to read the source feed.
4. Then use the rename module to copy the tag containing the date into a new tag called pubDate.
5. You may need to use the regex module to strip all but the time and date out of your new pubDate tag.
6. Use the Create RSS module to map the tags to conform to RSS standard.
7. Save and run the pipe. Click on "get as RSS" and use the link it sends you to as your RSS source in YaRSS2.

Hope this helps people out.

Z
Thanks, I'll add this to the wiki, unless you'd like to add it yourself?
zaphod0414
New User
New User

Post by zaphod0414 »

Added the Yahoo Pipes workaround info to the wiki. Let me know if a more elaborate tutorial is needed.

Z
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

zaphod0414 wrote:Added the Yahoo Pipes workaround info to the wiki. Let me know if a more elaborate tutorial is needed.

Z
Nice work. That'll probably be for advanced users anyways, but it's nice to have for those that manage to do it.
TSCTH
New User
New User

Post by TSCTH »

Thanks for the excellent plug-in. ^^

If it's ok with you, I'd like to joggle some feature ideas at you?
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

TSCTH wrote:Thanks for the excellent plug-in. ^^

If it's ok with you, I'd like to joggle some feature ideas at you?
Sure, go a head.
TSCTH
New User
New User

Post by TSCTH »

bro wrote: Sure, go a head.
Well, IMDb lists can be exported into a .CVS file which include many pieces of relevant information, like movie title, year of release, genre and so on. Adding the capability to use .CVS files as a filter, might be really helpful for people wanting movies from their watchlist or any self-made custom list. It opens many possibilities, including using a custom IMDb list for downloading TV series or computer/video games.

And a RSS window might be nice, where i can see the items in my feeds, in case i want to add something directly from them that i haven't made a filter for, like movies or games. This is just a minor thing, but it's something i miss from when i used uTorrent.