[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by Spadge »

I'd just like to add my voice to all those who say "thanks" and "you're my hero".

:)
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Spadge wrote:I'd just like to add my voice to all those who say "thanks" and "you're my hero".

:)
;)

I've created a wiki page for some detailed help: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/YaRSS2

Feel free to ask for or suggest what information to add.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
drfurter

Subscription Never Runs Automatically

Post by drfurter »

My configuration
Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
Deluge 1.3.3

Current version of yarss2 (downloaded yesterday)

I added the plugin via the egg file and configured deluge. I was successful in adding eztv as a rss source, the rss DLed I could see the shows. I specified my subscription and saw that it was picking up the correct show. I manually ran the subscription and it DLed the episode.

Unfortunately the subscription never runs on its own I always need to manually trigger it. I am running deluge 24/7. Both the subscription and the feed are marked as "active" the feed has an update interval of 120.

The feed last updated never seems to get filled in, regardless of manual subscription execution or not.

What am I missing? Seems pretty straightforward but the subscription never runs on its own.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Hmm...when I think about it, I believe it's necessary to restart deluge or disable and then enable the plugin for the timer to start. Can you try that and see if it works?

Edit: One more thing
If the subscription matches one torrent, and you run the subscription manually so that the torrent is added, and then delete the torrent from Deluge, it will not be readded when run by the timer. The reason is that the last_update timestamp stored in the subscription config is the timestamp of the torrent that was already added. For torrents to be added by the subscription, the timestamp for the torrent in the RSS feed must be later/greater than the last added torrent.
The reason the torrent is added when running the subscription manually is that the timestamp is reset before running the subscription. If this behaviour is illogical it could be changed...

If you start Deluge with logging enabled you will be able to see the events when YaRSS2 runs feeds/subscriptions in the log file.
Last edited by bro on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
johnjake

Post by johnjake »

I too am having some issues with the RSS timer never running. I tried restarting deluge and deactivating/activating the plugin. I also tried reinstalling. Still not running.

Could it be a permissions issue? I used apt to install delugeD and had several permissions issues preventing the daemon from starting. I corrected those, but I am not sure if there are any special permissions needed.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

johnjake wrote:I too am having some issues with the RSS timer never running. I tried restarting deluge and deactivating/activating the plugin. I also tried reinstalling. Still not running.

Could it be a permissions issue? I used apt to install delugeD and had several permissions issues preventing the daemon from starting. I corrected those, but I am not sure if there are any special permissions needed.
Can you start deluged and deluge with logging enabled?

$ deluged -l deluged.log -L info
$ deluge -l deluge.log -L info

It might provide some useful information.
crazycaveman

Post by crazycaveman »

When attempting to grab torrents that include get data in the URL, it fails to pass the URL correctly. For instance, the address

Code: Select all

http://broadcasthe.net/torrents.php?action=download&authkey=removed&torrent_pass=removed&id=152717
is attempted to be downloaded through YaRSS2 with the URL

http://broadcasthe.net/torrents.php?action=download&ampauthkey=removed&amptorrent_pass=removed&ampid=152717
. Notice the '&amp' when it should just be '&'. I have also included the log file:

[INFO    ] 13:15:23 rssfeed_handling:203 YARSS: Update handler executed on RSS Feed Episode Torrents :: BroadcasTheNet (broadcasthe.net) upate interval 60.
[INFO    ] 13:15:23 rssfeed_handling:218 YARSS: Fetching subscription 'Once Upon a Time'.
[INFO    ] 13:15:25 rssfeed_handling:63 YARSS: Fetching RSS Feed: 'Episode Torrents :: BroadcasTheNet' with Cookie: '{}'.
[INFO    ] 13:15:25 rssfeed_handling:239 YARSS: Adding torrent:http://broadcasthe.net/torrents.php?action=download&ampauthkey=removed&amptorrent_pass=removed&ampid=152836
[INFO    ] 13:15:25 rssfeed_handling:239 YARSS: Adding torrent:http://broadcasthe.net/torrents.php?action=download&ampauthkey=removed&amptorrent_pass=removed&ampid=152717
[ERROR   ] 13:15:26 torrent_handling:69 Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding
[INFO    ] 13:15:26 torrent_handling:99 Failed to add torrent Once Upon a Time - S01E20 [ 2012 ] [ AVI | XViD | HDTV | SD | Scene | FastTorrent ] [ Uploader: Anonymous ]  [ Once.Upon.a.Time.S01E20.The.Stranger.HDTV.XviD-2HD ].
[ERROR   ] 13:15:26 torrent_handling:69 Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding
[INFO    ] 13:15:26 torrent_handling:99 Failed to add torrent Once Upon a Time - S01E20 [ 2012 ] [ MP4 | x264 | HDTV | SD | Scene | FastTorrent ] [ Uploader: BladedThesis ]  [ Once.Upon.a.Time.S01E20.HDTV.x264-LOL ].
[edit] This is on XP. I'll give it a try on Ubuntu and post the results when I can
[edit2] Works correctly in Ubuntu 12.04 (using Win 7 client). I built the plugin from source, since I was having trouble getting the options to show up with the pre-built egg.
Last edited by crazycaveman on Tue May 01, 2012 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
johnjake

Post by johnjake »

bro wrote: Can you start deluged and deluge with logging enabled?

Ok to revise my issue. I am running the logs and they look good. It has started adding torrents and seems to be working well. However, the "last updated" value remains empty and does not get updated. More of an inconvenience for me, but it might be masking what is just a Regex failure to match for other people. You could have a bad regex and keep checking this value thinking the feed has just never pulled.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

crazycaveman wrote:When attempting to grab torrents that include get data in the URL, it fails to pass the URL correctly. For instance, the address

http://broadcasthe.net/torrents.php?action=download&authkey=removed&torrent_pass=removed&id=152717
is attempted to be downloaded through YaRSS2 with the URL

http://broadcasthe.net/torrents.php?action=download&ampauthkey=removed&amptorrent_pass=removed&ampid=152717
. Notice the '&amp' when it should just be '&'. I have also included the log file:

[INFO    ] 13:15:23 rssfeed_handling:203 YARSS: Update handler executed on RSS Feed Episode Torrents :: BroadcasTheNet (broadcasthe.net) upate interval 60.
[INFO    ] 13:15:23 rssfeed_handling:218 YARSS: Fetching subscription 'Once Upon a Time'.
[INFO    ] 13:15:25 rssfeed_handling:63 YARSS: Fetching RSS Feed: 'Episode Torrents :: BroadcasTheNet' with Cookie: '{}'.
[INFO    ] 13:15:25 rssfeed_handling:239 YARSS: Adding torrent:http://broadcasthe.net/torrents.php?action=download&ampauthkey=removed&amptorrent_pass=removed&ampid=152836
[INFO    ] 13:15:25 rssfeed_handling:239 YARSS: Adding torrent:http://broadcasthe.net/torrents.php?action=download&ampauthkey=removed&amptorrent_pass=removed&ampid=152717
[INFO    ] 13:15:26 torrent_handling:99 Failed to add torrent Once Upon a Time - S01E20 [ 2012 ] [ AVI | XViD | HDTV | SD | Scene | FastTorrent ] [ Uploader: Anonymous ]  [ Once.Upon.a.Time.S01E20.The.Stranger.HDTV.XviD-2HD ].
[INFO    ] 13:15:26 torrent_handling:99 Failed to add torrent Once Upon a Time - S01E20 [ 2012 ] [ MP4 | x264 | HDTV | SD | Scene | FastTorrent ] [ Uploader: BladedThesis ]  [ Once.Upon.a.Time.S01E20.HDTV.x264-LOL ].
[edit] This is on XP. I'll give it a try on Ubuntu and post the results when I can
[edit2] Works correctly in Ubuntu 12.04 (using Win 7 client). I built the plugin from source, since I was having trouble getting the options to show up with the pre-built egg.
Thanks for debugging. I'll check this out.

Not sure why it would work differently on Win XP and Ubuntu though...
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

johnjake wrote:
bro wrote: Can you start deluged and deluge with logging enabled?

Ok to revise my issue. I am running the logs and they look good. It has started adding torrents and seems to be working well. However, the "last updated" value remains empty and does not get updated. More of an inconvenience for me, but it might be masking what is just a Regex failure to match for other people. You could have a bad regex and keep checking this value thinking the feed has just never pulled.
If you check the config file while deluge is running, you're right, the config file is not written to disk when the "last updated" field is updated. However, it should be updated internaly (in memory). I will check it out to see if there is a bug there.