[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Calby
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by Calby »

I don't know if you still update this plugin but it's making deluge crash all the time now on the latest version of Deluge.
devod

Post by devod »

Can I activate which torrents the plugin should download in the terminal without opening the UI? thanks
UKQuinny

Post by UKQuinny »

Calby wrote:I don't know if you still update this plugin but it's making deluge crash all the time now on the latest version of Deluge.
Im getting the same problem. if this plug in is not being updated, does anybody have another rss solution?
pstryk
New User
New User

Post by pstryk »

Hi,
I have a problem with autolabeling of torrents from RSS feed. The download works ok - no issues there, but it will just not autolabel them.

System: Ubuntu 15.04
Deluge: 1.3.11
Python: 2.7.9
YaRSS2: 1.4.3
AmJohn
New User
New User

Post by AmJohn »

Does this work with LabelPlus?
roweniii

Post by roweniii »

I realize this thread is a little stale but it's the closest I can find to my question. If you already know the answer, or know where it is and just want to point me in the right direction, I appreciate anything you can tell me!

I'm new to unRAID and Deluge. Got unRAID up and running, got the DelugeVPN docker running and have been downloading torrent files using the DelugeSiphon chrome extension. All that's working well enough. But I'm trying to learn how to add RSS feeds to it so I don't have to touch it every single day. I've attempted to install the YaRSS2 plugin, and managed to download the "egg" and place it in the plugins folder, as well as install the plugin from the webui. But the WebUI is all I have since it's a docker in unRAID. TO MY KNOWLEDGE, I cannot access this GTKUI to do other things.

Is there anyone that can help me with this process or point me toward a guide, video, ANYTHING that would help me learn this?
thanks in advance!
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

roweniii wrote:I realize this thread is a little stale but it's the closest I can find to my question. If you already know the answer, or know where it is and just want to point me in the right direction, I appreciate anything you can tell me!

I'm new to unRAID and Deluge. Got unRAID up and running, got the DelugeVPN docker running and have been downloading torrent files using the DelugeSiphon chrome extension. All that's working well enough. But I'm trying to learn how to add RSS feeds to it so I don't have to touch it every single day. I've attempted to install the YaRSS2 plugin, and managed to download the "egg" and place it in the plugins folder, as well as install the plugin from the webui. But the WebUI is all I have since it's a docker in unRAID. TO MY KNOWLEDGE, I cannot access this GTKUI to do other things.

Is there anyone that can help me with this process or point me toward a guide, video, ANYTHING that would help me learn this?
thanks in advance!
This plugin does not work from the WebUI. Either set up the thin client mode and configure it through a remote connection, or install deluge on your PC and configure it that way and then when you are done copy the config files to the docker config. I would suggest getting the thin client daemon/client working correctly and then you can connect to it from any other PC using the native interface.
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

If you have file access to the server, you can hand-craft the YaRSS config with a text editor.

It's probably easier to use a local install of deluge to connect to the remote server and handle it that way, if that's an option.

If you install deluge locally, set up YaRSS with feeds and subscriptions, you could then upload the config to the remote server and use that.

EDIT:
tl;dr what shryp said :D
DragooNick
New User
New User

Post by DragooNick »

Shryp wrote:This plugin does not work from the WebUI. Either set up the thin client mode and configure it through a remote connection, or install deluge on your PC and configure it that way and then when you are done copy the config files to the docker config. I would suggest getting the thin client daemon/client working correctly and then you can connect to it from any other PC using the native interface.
I'm not quite sure about the terminology, so please forgive me if I don't get something right away ^^"

I got a Ubuntu Server where I installed Deluge + WebUi. I was able to install YaRSS2 in the WebUI, but I couldnt enable the plugin.
On the Server I startet the Deluge Bittorrent Client and enabled the plugin. Does the plugin run now even if I close the Client? Or what/where do I have to change the config?

Thanks for your help!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It has been mentioned many times that there is no WebUI for this plugin. You can enable thinclient and connect with GtkUI to configure it.