[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

Mefiras wrote:
bro wrote:I think you can just change 2.7 to 2.6 in the filename and it should work.
Brilliant! This version works. Thank you very much! :D :D
Great news! Can you test the "Move completed" and "Download location" options? You should be able to write a filepath in the field, and each saved path should appear in the dropdown when you click the button on the right side. So if you have three different subscriptions, with three different filepaths saved, all three paths should be in the dropdown list.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
Mefiras
New User
New User

Post by Mefiras »

bro wrote:Great news! Can you test the "Move completed" and "Download location" options? You should be able to write a filepath in the field, and each saved path should appear in the dropdown when you click the button on the right side. So if you have three different subscriptions, with three different filepaths saved, all three paths should be in the dropdown list.
Those two fields are disabled for me. The combobox won't open and I can't type anything.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Mefiras wrote:
bro wrote:Great news! Can you test the "Move completed" and "Download location" options? You should be able to write a filepath in the field, and each saved path should appear in the dropdown when you click the button on the right side. So if you have three different subscriptions, with three different filepaths saved, all three paths should be in the dropdown list.
Those two fields are disabled for me. The combobox won't open and I can't type anything.
That's what I suspected. What OS are you running the GTK Client on? And which version of gtk do you have?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

bro wrote:
UnnA^ wrote:I have a small issue, it doesn't really bother me but when you run deluge in windowed mode, like not in full screen and start to add a subscription, Deluge always crashes with a runtime error.

Pic - http://www.upl.co/uploads/error-35.jpg

It only does it when deluge is not in fullscreen mode which is kind of wierd. Doesn't affect me but I'm just reporting bugs if i find them.

Cheers.
Thanks for reporting, I'll test this and see if I can reproduce this.
It doesn't crash when I test this on Windows 7, which In presume is what you're running. Can you run Deluge with logging and see if there are some errors logged?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Crashes such as those are usually external library issues, maybe GTK, but there is really not much we can do to debug from Deluge p.o.v.
gqsmooth
New User
New User

Post by gqsmooth »

bro wrote:
To get the log prints from the server you'd have to start the daemon with logging (above). Starting the thin client with logging will only give you the log prints from the client. But if you don' have shell access to the seedbox, it can't be done ;-(

The file deluged.log will contain the log prints. It's saved to the directory you're in when exectuting the command.

OK SO I logged into my seedbox via ssh, then killed deluge and restarted it with logging using the command line prompt you gave me. I tried installing the egg via the webui and the thin client but that didn't work. I tried navigating to where the egg gets uploaded to on my seedbox, home/<username>/.config/deluge/plugins/ and then typed

Code: Select all

easy_install .
but it gave me an error that i didn't have sufficient permissions. I don't have root access to my seedbox but I do have permissions to install and compile code in my home directory (supposedly). Can you breakdown how to install the egg manually? Maybe I did it wrong.

Edit: Uploaded my log. Hope you don't mind if I took out some info, (IP etc...)
Attachments
deluged.log
(131.24 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

gqsmooth wrote:
bro wrote:
To get the log prints from the server you'd have to start the daemon with logging (above). Starting the thin client with logging will only give you the log prints from the client. But if you don' have shell access to the seedbox, it can't be done ;-(

The file deluged.log will contain the log prints. It's saved to the directory you're in when exectuting the command.

OK SO I logged into my seedbox via ssh, then killed deluge and restarted it with logging using the command line prompt you gave me. I tried installing the egg via the webui and the thin client but that didn't work. I tried navigating to where the egg gets uploaded to on my seedbox, home/<username>/.config/deluge/plugins/ and then typed

easy_install .
but it gave me an error that i didn't have sufficient permissions. I don't have root access to my seedbox but I do have permissions to install and compile code in my home directory (supposedly). Can you breakdown how to install the egg manually? Maybe I did it wrong.

Edit: Uploaded my log. Hope you don't mind if I took out some info, (IP etc...)
All you need to do is to copy the egg into the plugins directory. Something like this:

scp YaRSS2-1.1.2-py2.7.egg user@seedbox:.config/deluge/plugins/
gqsmooth
New User
New User

Post by gqsmooth »

bro wrote:
All you need to do is to copy the egg into the plugins directory. Something like this:

egg copied. killed deluged and the webui. restarted deluge in logging mode via the command line. here is the resultant log.

[INFO    ] 17:29:23 daemon:129 Deluge daemon 1.3.5
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 core:80 Starting libtorrent 0.15.10.0 session..
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 rpcserver:366 Starting DelugeRPC server :40124
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Blocklist enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Notifications enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin WebUi enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 torrentmanager:513 Torrent xxx added by user:
The egg was always getting added to the correct directory but the option wasn't showing in the plugins list in the preferences menu. I'm lost man.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

gqsmooth wrote:
bro wrote:

egg copied. killed deluged and the webui. restarted deluge in logging mode via the command line. here is the resultant log.

[INFO    ] 17:29:23 daemon:129 Deluge daemon 1.3.5
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 core:80 Starting libtorrent 0.15.10.0 session..
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 rpcserver:366 Starting DelugeRPC server :40124
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Blocklist enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin Notifications enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin WebUi enabled..
[INFO    ] 17:29:24 torrentmanager:513 Torrent xxx added by user:
The egg was always getting added to the correct directory but the option wasn't showing in the plugins list in the preferences menu. I'm lost man.
I can only think of two reasons why the plugin wouldn't be listed. The first is if the python version doesn't match. So when running python 2.6, any egg named 2.7 will not be listed, and the other way around. The other would be if the names of the two eggs on the server and client differ (e.g. the versions; YaRSS2-1.1.2-py2.7.egg on the server and YaRSS2-1.1.1-py2.6.egg on the client).
gqsmooth
New User
New User

Post by gqsmooth »

Hey Bro. So I tried the 2.7 plugin and left it named 2.7. All of a sudden it worked. I have no idea what I was doing wrong before, but somehow it got it. Thanks again for all your help man, I really appreciate it.