[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

bugs wrote:For some reason, it seems like the plugin won't start the torrents. The plugin detects them, and in my subscription the posts have a green check by them. But none of them get started; even the new ones. I have tried right clicking them and clicking start, but still nothing. The rss feed contains a blank title and the messages are either links to torrent files or magnet links. Neither get started. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
If you run the filter manually by right clicking the filter and choosing "run now" (don't remember the exact phrasing), aren't the torrents added even though they're green in the list? What about right clicking the torrents in the list? That doesn't work either? If not, there must be a problem with parsing the link or something. Whats the url of the rss?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

zaphod0414 wrote:So, is this thread serving as a bug report and support channel then? I'm assuming so, but if there's somewhere better to be asking about this, please point the way.

So I've tried Yarss2 under both the Windows and Linux Deluge client, and have the same problem on each. I can get ezrss.it to work properly (well, as good as it ever works considering it's unreachable 90% of the time). When I add a subscription using the ezrss.it feed (http://www.ezrss.it/feed/) the matching tab populates properly with the feed contents. However, when I try to use the RSS feed from my most used private tracker, Torrentday, Yarss2 seems to be unable to read the feed. The matching tab never populates with anything when i try to add a subscription, and nothing ever downloads from that feed. Strangely, I don't get any error(s) either - like when retrieving ezrss and it's unavailable, I see the 503 error in the matching tab. When Torrentday's feed fails, it says nothing. The big difference I can think of is that Torrentday is a private tracker and uses a passkey to authorize downloads. The full link to the Torrentday feed is "http://www.torrentday.com/torrents/rss? ... p=<removed>" (tp is the passkey value - i've removed it for obvious reasons. I can reveal this for troubleshooting purposes if needed - but it would be on a one-on-one basis - i'm not posting it in a public forum). I have also tried running this feed through Yahoo pipes, just to see if it was an encoding or some other minor compatibility issue with Torrentday's feed, but even the output from Yahoo pipes doesn't seem to be readable for this feed. The main reason I'm thinking the problem is passkey related rather than formatting related is the fact that the only other feed that I've been able to get working in Yarss2 is The Pirate Bay's feed, which is public and has no passkey value in the link. It also uses the same format for the link as ezrss (http://site/dir) rather than using a PHP link with options. The only other private tracker that I use that has RSS also uses a passkey and a PHP link, and it also doesn't work in Yarss2 - even after reformatting with Yahoo pipes. It behaves the same as Torrentday's feed in that it does not fetch any data from the feed, but also gives no error(s).

Has anyone managed to get any RSS feeds from any private trackers to work in Yarss2? In either the Linux or Windows versions? Does anyone have any ideas why these feeds shouldn't be working in Yarss2? Any help would be much appreciated.

Z
YaRSS2 works with many different private trackers, but there are abviously a lot that haven't been tested. If the problem is missing cookies you can add them in the settings somewhere. If the list of torrents isn't populated with any torrents when editing the filter, the problem is most probably that it cannot access the RSS feed at all.

If you PM the RSS urls I can test them.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
shenron
New User
New User

Post by shenron »

Let me jsut say that this plugin is a super killer app. Moved over from uTorrent, and after using this, couldn't be happier!

Only question I have is, is it possible to add an RSS feed and instruct the program to ignore current entries? I.E., I added a feed that already had 45 items in it. When the feed updated, it automatically started downloading those 45 items. I would like to be able to add a feed and only download items since feed add. I get that the last updated field will not allow previously downloaded items to be re downloaded, but is there anyway not to download all current items on the feed on first update? Thanks!
TheOner

Post by TheOner »

Hi,
I have same problem as some other users are having. I have seedbox that has Python 2.6.6 and there is Deluge 1.3.5 installed. I use Deluge 1.3.5 in windows as thinclient / remote connection to remotely use Deluge. I installed YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg from plugin manager (in windows), and it installed fine. I added RSS feed, and added one subscription. My filtering shows couple matches as green, and if i manually hit "Run this subscription" it wont still download anything. I clicked those green torrents from list with right mouse button and "Add this torrent now", but it won't add it. It works like charm to this point, but biggest problem is that it doesn't download anything...

edit 1.
I had shell open in background and noticed that there appeared this text:

Code: Select all

/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg/yarss2/lib/feedparser.py:373: DeprecationWarning: To avoid breaking existing software while fixing issue 310, a temporary mapping has been created from `updated_parsed` to `published_parsed` if `updated_parsed` doesn't exist. This fallback will be removed in a future version of feedparser.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

TheOner wrote:Hi,
I have same problem as some other users are having. I have seedbox that has Python 2.6.6 and there is Deluge 1.3.5 installed. I use Deluge 1.3.5 in windows as thinclient / remote connection to remotely use Deluge. I installed YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg from plugin manager (in windows), and it installed fine. I added RSS feed, and added one subscription. My filtering shows couple matches as green, and if i manually hit "Run this subscription" it wont still download anything. I clicked those green torrents from list with right mouse button and "Add this torrent now", but it won't add it. It works like charm to this point, but biggest problem is that it doesn't download anything...

edit 1.
I had shell open in background and noticed that there appeared this text:

/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg/yarss2/lib/feedparser.py:373: DeprecationWarning: To avoid breaking existing software while fixing issue 310, a temporary mapping has been created from `updated_parsed` to `published_parsed` if `updated_parsed` doesn't exist. This fallback will be removed in a future version of feedparser.
I don't think that error is the problem, but to debug and fix this it would be easiest to have the RSS url to test.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

shenron wrote:Let me jsut say that this plugin is a super killer app. Moved over from uTorrent, and after using this, couldn't be happier!

Only question I have is, is it possible to add an RSS feed and instruct the program to ignore current entries? I.E., I added a feed that already had 45 items in it. When the feed updated, it automatically started downloading those 45 items. I would like to be able to add a feed and only download items since feed add. I get that the last updated field will not allow previously downloaded items to be re downloaded, but is there anyway not to download all current items on the feed on first update? Thanks!
There is no way to ignore current entries in the RSS feed that matches the filter regex. The easiest way when creating a new filter would be to make the regex match one torrent (preferably the first one in the feed), then run it manually by right clicking the filter (to set the timestamp) and remove the torrent that was added to deluge, and then change to filter regex to what you actually need.
shenron
New User
New User

Post by shenron »

Ok, cool. That sounds easy enough. I will give it a try and see what happens, thanks!
look4me
New User
New User

Post by look4me »

Hi,
i have the problem too. But there is installed Deluge 1.3.5 and Python 2.7.3 on a Ubuntu Desktop 12.04. My Filter show me nothing (i use a passkey not a cookie), but when i use a open tracker e.g. "http://www.dailytvtorrents.org/rss/show/ncis" is works fine. here my log:

[INFO    ] 03:04:20 common:118 YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:362: Running RSS Feed 'Tracker'
[INFO    ] 03:04:20 common:118 YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:222: Update handler executed on RSS Feed 'Tracker (url)' update interval 15.
[INFO    ] 03:04:20 common:118 YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:267: Fetching subscription 'Games'.
[INFO    ] 03:04:20 common:118 YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:70: Fetching RSS Feed: 'Tracker' with Cookie: '{}'.
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 524, in __bootstrap
    self.__bootstrap_inner()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/threadpool.py", line 207, in _worker
    result = context.call(ctx, function, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 118, in callWithContext
    return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 81, in callWithContext
    return func(*args,**kw)
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/rssfeed_handling.py", line 364, in rssfeed_update_handler
    subscription_key=subscription_key)
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/rssfeed_handling.py", line 231, in fetch_subscription_torrents
    fetch_subscription(subscription_data, rssfeed_data, fetch_data)
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/rssfeed_handling.py", line 272, in fetch_subscription
    rssfeed_parsed = get_rssfeed_parsed(rssfeed_data, cookie_header=fetch_data["cookie_header"])
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/rssfeed_handling.py", line 94, in get_rssfeed_parsed
    updated = item['updated_parsed']
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/lib/feedparser.py", line 375, in __getitem__
    return dict.__getitem__(self, 'updated_parsed')
exceptions.KeyError: 'updated_parsed'
look4me
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Hi

The problem is that some RSS feeds do not contain a proper time/date tag which YaRSS2 depends on to know if a torrent has been added previously. Usually the timestamp is included in the description, but feedparser (the library that parses the RSS feed) can't parse that timestamp.

I can easily fix YaRSS2 so that it can handle the RSS feed, but it's not so easy to avoid adding the same torrent multiple times with no timestamp.

The only solution would be to store a history of all the previously added torrents, though this is not an easy fix.
look4me
New User
New User

Post by look4me »

bro wrote:...The problem is that some RSS feeds do not contain a proper time/date tag which YaRSS2 depends on to know if a torrent has been added previously. Usually the timestamp is included in the description, but feedparser (the library that parses the RSS feed) can't parse that timestamp.

I can easily fix YaRSS2 so that it can handle the RSS feed, but it's not so easy to avoid adding the same torrent multiple times with no timestamp.

The only solution would be to store a history of all the previously added torrents, though this is not an easy fix.
thanks for the info. i will contact the tracker that they fix it! but wouldn´t be a Database be useful ?!