[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
UnnA^
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by UnnA^ »

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I seem to be having a similar issue to someone else earlier in the thread but i can't seem to solve it. I have loaded the plugin into my local client and it appears in the list but when i tick the box to enable it, a couple of seconds later it un-ticks itself again. I downloaded the mime.7z and placed those 4 files in my library.zip\email\mime folder as mentioned on page 2 of this thread but it still does the same thing?

Do you have any other suggestions as to why it is not activating correctly?

Thanks.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

TSCTH wrote:
bro wrote: Sure, go a head.
Well, IMDb lists can be exported into a .CVS file which include many pieces of relevant information, like movie title, year of release, genre and so on. Adding the capability to use .CVS files as a filter, might be really helpful for people wanting movies from their watchlist or any self-made custom list. It opens many possibilities, including using a custom IMDb list for downloading TV series or computer/video games.

And a RSS window might be nice, where i can see the items in my feeds, in case i want to add something directly from them that i haven't made a filter for, like movies or games. This is just a minor thing, but it's something i miss from when i used uTorrent.
Handling CSV files might require some work ;-)

The RSS Window is actually available if you add/edit a Subscription. There you can view all the feeds and the torrents for a feed, and add the torrents you'd like.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

UnnA^ wrote:Hi,

I hope you can help me. I seem to be having a similar issue to someone else earlier in the thread but i can't seem to solve it. I have loaded the plugin into my local client and it appears in the list but when i tick the box to enable it, a couple of seconds later it un-ticks itself again. I downloaded the mime.7z and placed those 4 files in my library.zip\email\mime folder as mentioned on page 2 of this thread but it still does the same thing?

Do you have any other suggestions as to why it is not activating correctly?

Thanks.
Hi

The versions of YaRSS2 from 1.0.2.1 and later have the mime files included, so this shouldn't be a problem. Can you start deluge with logging and report back the output?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
UnnA^
New User
New User

Post by UnnA^ »

Thanks for the reply bro! I don't know how to start deluge in logging mode :( I have sent you a pm with my deluge.log file from my seedbox. Hopefully that can help?

Thanks.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

UnnA^ wrote:Thanks for the reply bro! I don't know how to start deluge in logging mode :( I have sent you a pm with my deluge.log file from my seedbox. Hopefully that can help?

Thanks.
Can you try the attached version? If you are on windows, I think it should work if you rename from 2.7 to 2.6.
Attachments
YaRSS2-1.1.1-py2.7.egg
(227.89 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
UnnA^
New User
New User

Post by UnnA^ »

I renamed it and put it in fine, but it is still doing the same thing. Nothing knew is being added to the log file though? I don't know what the issue is :(
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

UnnA^ wrote:I renamed it and put it in fine, but it is still doing the same thing. Nothing knew is being added to the log file though? I don't know what the issue is :(
Did you restart the Deluge daemon (and the client)? The import statement that caused the error has been removed, so it must be something else.

Edit: Here is how to start the daemon with logging: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... ingenabled
The same options goes for the client.
UnnA^
New User
New User

Post by UnnA^ »

Thanks bro, I will check it out tomorrow and report back. I never restarted deluge so to the first thing I will try.

Cheers!
UnnA^
New User
New User

Post by UnnA^ »

That version worked bro! Deluge just needed to be restarted, how embarrassing :oops: Thanks heaps man, appreciate it! :D

Just wondering if it's possible to set the update internal to anything less than 15 mins? I try to set it lower but it defaults back to 15 minutes? Also what is "Obey TTL"?

Thanks.
Mefiras
New User
New User

Post by Mefiras »

I wondering if anyone can help me with an error in YaRSS2. I have this seedbox running on Ubuntu and I've started using Deluge as my torrent client. I've chosen YaRSS2 as a plugin for RSS downloading.
I've installed the following version “YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg”. I can add RSS feed fine, but when I am trying to save new subscription I get the following errors (in console) and the window won't close:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/hd2/dobroezlo/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg/yarss2/gtkui/dialog_subscription.py”, line 513, in on_button_save_subscription_clicked
File “/home/hd2/dobroezlo/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg/yarss2/gtkui/dialog_subscription.py”, line 522, in save_subsription_data
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘strip’
I also get the following errors when I first open new subscription window:

Code: Select all

(deluge:16042): libglade-WARNING : unknown property `has_entry’ for class `GtkComboBox’
(deluge:16042): libglade-WARNING *: unknown property `entry_text_column’ for class `GtkComboBox’
(deluge:16042): libglade-WARNING : unknown property `has_entry’ for class `GtkComboBox’
(deluge:16042): libglade-WARNING *: unknown property `entry_text_column’ for class `GtkComboBox’
Any ideas what might be the problem here?