[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by Cas »

smileboot wrote:But i would love an episode counter, or history checker would be a better description.

I.E. If eps 06x10 has been downloaded it wont attempt to download it again.
Not sure what bro's thoughts on this are but to me it seems like you need to start looking at Flexget because it already has this functionality and a lot more.
Sparhawk wrote:for version 2.6 I was able to add it to plugin selection, but when I check it and click apply, its unchecked again :(
For Windows you do need py26 version of plugins. I tested the plugin and found that the following email imports are causing issue.

Code: Select all

from email.mime.multipart import MIMEMultipart
from email.mime.text import MIMEText
The issue arises from the Deluge packaging for Windows not requiring these modules so are not included. We could mark them for being explicitly included in the next version of Deluge. The solution in the meantime for this plugin is to test for the email.mime modules and if missing disable the email function.

There is also a workaround to still get this plugin working on Windows; extract the files in the attached mime.zip and add them to the email/mime folder in library.zip which is in the Deluge program folder.
Sparhawk
New User
New User

Post by Sparhawk »

Cas wrote:The issue arises from the Deluge packaging for Windows not requiring these modules so are not included. We could mark them for being explicitly included in the next version of Deluge. The solution in the meantime for this plugin is to test for the email.mime modules and if missing disable the email function.

There is also a workaround to still get this plugin working on Windows; extract the files in the attached mime.zip and add them to the email/mime folder in library.zip which is in the Deluge program folder.
Well thanks for tip, but even when I downloaded this package and put these four files:

base.pyc
multipart.pyc
nonmultipart.pyc
text.pyc

to Deluge\library.zip its the same, when I check that plugin and click on Apply or OK, its unchecked again :(

Any more hints? I really wanna use deluge as my primary torrent client, but I cant withou proper RSS, thanks for helping me
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Sorry I should not have included the compiled scripts. Use the files in the attached zip instead and make sure the zip structure matches the screenshot.
Attachments
mime.7z
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
library_ss.png
library_ss.png (22.06 KiB) Viewed 16360 times
Sparhawk
New User
New User

Post by Sparhawk »

Great, thanks for help, now its works fine, but when I add any rss, for example "http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=rss&term=HorribleSubs+mkv" and add subscription for anything, I even tryed .* but nothing was downloaded :(
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Cas wrote:
smileboot wrote:But i would love an episode counter, or history checker would be a better description.

I.E. If eps 06x10 has been downloaded it wont attempt to download it again.
Not sure what bro's thoughts on this are but to me it seems like you need to start looking at Flexget because it already has this functionality and a lot more.
If you need this now, your only hope is to use FlexGet, but if you can wait at least a few weeks, then I might be able to get something working. I do plan to implement log functionality with all the torrents added which would make this possible to implement. I also plan to add advanced episodes filtering like the the old FlexRSS plugin had.

For now, the best solution (with YaRSS2) would be to add in paused state, and manually filter out (remove) duplicates and other unwanted torrents.

Cas wrote:
smileboot wrote:
Sparhawk wrote:for version 2.6 I was able to add it to plugin selection, but when I check it and click apply, its unchecked again :(
For Windows you do need py26 version of plugins. I tested the plugin and found that the following email imports are causing issue.

Code: Select all

from email.mime.multipart import MIMEMultipart
from email.mime.text import MIMEText
The issue arises from the Deluge packaging for Windows not requiring these modules so are not included. We could mark them for being explicitly included in the next version of Deluge. The solution in the meantime for this plugin is to test for the email.mime modules and if missing disable the email function.

Thanks for testing this Cas. I've added new eggs (v1.0.2.1) with the mime files included, so the import issue should be fixed. It would be cool if you included these with Deluge for the next version!

Edit: Version 1.0.2 was broken, but v1.0.2.1 should work.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Sparhawk wrote:Great, thanks for help, now its works fine, but when I add any rss, for example "http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=rss&term=HorribleSubs+mkv" and add subscription for anything, I even tryed .* but nothing was downloaded :(
In the Subscription Dialog, you should see a list of the available torrents. When writing your search pattern (regex) the matching torrents will be marked in the list. If your input is .* all torrents should have the green icon in the Matches column, and the titles should be marked in blue.

After saving, you can test the subscription by right clicking and choose "Run this subscription", which will run the subscription and add all the matching torrents.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
StormPooper
New User
New User

Post by StormPooper »

I'm having problems getting YaRSS2 to work. I'm running the daemon service on Windows Home Server (based on Server 2003) and installed YaRSS2.

For an example, I'm trying to set it up for Show. I have tried the following feeds, which show results in my browser (these are fake, but I'm using real ones in my client):
http://www.ezrss.it/search/index.php?sh ... e&mode=rss
http://showrss.karmorra.info/feeds/ShowID.rss

I've then added a sbuscription pointing to the feed, with .* but nothing is listed under Matching.

I've tried several other feeds from other sites and for other shows, but to no avail. Do I need to install anything else on the server? I have only installed Deluge from the Windows installer, no extras (other than the plugin), so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks
Server: Windows Home Server v1 (Server 2003)
Deluge: 1.3.4 + daemon + webui
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

StormPooper wrote:I'm having problems getting YaRSS2 to work. I'm running the daemon service on Windows Home Server (based on Server 2003) and installed YaRSS2.

For an example, I'm trying to set it up for Show. I have tried the following feeds, which show results in my browser (these are fake, but I'm using real ones in my client):
http://www.ezrss.it/search/index.php?sh ... e&mode=rss
http://showrss.karmorra.info/feeds/ShowID.rss

I've then added a sbuscription pointing to the feed, with .* but nothing is listed under Matching.

I've tried several other feeds from other sites and for other shows, but to no avail. Do I need to install anything else on the server? I have only installed Deluge from the Windows installer, no extras (other than the plugin), so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks
Hi

I finally gave in and booted into the OS of the devil :lol:

The cause was that the sgmllib (Used on Window only) included was misnamed. Also fixed a bug that caused the GUI not to function right after install of the plugin. (Previously required a restart of Deluge).
So the new version 1.0.2.2 is tested on Windows XP, and seems to work as expected.

After updating the version of YaRSS2, you'll have to restart deluge (daemon as well if you have them separated)
StormPooper
New User
New User

Post by StormPooper »

bro wrote: Hi

The cause was that the sgmllib (Used on Window only) included was misnamed. Also fixed a bug that caused the GUI not to function right after install of the plugin. (Previously required a restart of Deluge).
So the new version 1.0.2.2 is tested on Windows XP, and seems to work as expected.

After updating the version of YaRSS2, you'll have to restart deluge (daemon as well if you have them separated)
Thank you for fixing it (apologies for forcing you to boot into Windows :lol:), I can now see the contents of the feeds and use regex against it, so I've consolidated to one feed and have multiple subscriptions. Just waiting for one of my shows to be released to confirm it downloads correctly.

One question, what's the 'Custom Text' part for?
Server: Windows Home Server v1 (Server 2003)
Deluge: 1.3.4 + daemon + webui
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

StormPooper wrote:
bro wrote: Hi

Thank you for fixing it (apologies for forcing you to boot into Windows :lol:), I can now see the contents of the feeds and use regex against it, so I've consolidated to one feed and have multiple subscriptions. Just waiting for one of my shows to be released to confirm it downloads correctly.

One question, what's the 'Custom Text' part for?
It's ok ;-)

The custom text allows you to test the regex on titles that aren't currently available in the RSS feed. Each line in the custom text area will be added to the list as soon as you start typing a regex.