[Plugin] MyScheduler (Forced Starting)

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
jumentous
New User
New User

[Plugin] MyScheduler (Forced Starting)

Post by jumentous »

Hi,

I switched to deluge as it was the only torrent program i could find with a headless backend that could run a linux & windows frontend and its been great. I live in Australia and therefore need the scheduler as we have peak and off-peak quotas (so you download in the middle of the night) and the key lacking feature has been not having the "Force Start" to override the scheduler. It meant i had to explain to the girlfriend how to disable it in preferences and reset all the times when she reenabled it, wish just doesn't work.

Anyway, i found the time to remedy the situation and thought i would share as i know its been a long held gripe with deluge.

This is a modification of the original scheduler plugin (I've only added < a hundred lines) as i am fine with per hour granularity etc and hate writing guis.
It is not exhaustively tested, but i've been using it and it seems to work.
Because scheduler is a core plugin everything has been named MyScheduler to avoid overwriting the original if anything goes wrong, i wouldn't suggest running them simultaneously, but if you're careful with the timings it might work (defined periods where you can't force start even if you want to).

The only known issue i've seen is that for some reason occasionally (particularly directly after you start deluge-ui) the force start menu item is incorrectly un-ticked. I think it is because the menu pop-up happens faster than the rpc from client to backend and thus may be alleviated by having the menu show in the ui callback but its not something i've noticed enough to chase down.

Enjoy, and i hope this or something similar makes it into scheduler soon.

Jamie

PS. I changed author in setup.py but not the copyright statements. I'm not trying to claim ownership or step on any toes and have no concerns with it being changed back.

Latest Version: MyScheduler-0.2.2-py2.6.egg
Attachments
MyScheduler-0.1-py2.6.egg
(23.89 KiB) Downloaded 2911 times
cristofaro
New User
New User

Re: Scheduler Forced Starting

Post by cristofaro »

Thank You! This is exactly what I have been looking for. A major gripe I had with deluge as well. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but when I do I will let you know how it goes :D

Also, nice to see someone else from Aus ;)
caramel
New User
New User

Post by caramel »

does this work with 1.3.0 version?

it seems to show up etc and the menu item appears but i cannot ok out of preferences once it is enabled and it does no save the schedule with apply
as soon as it is disabled i am able to ok out of prefs

this function would be awesome if i can get it to work - if i have to i will go back to 1.2.3...

it seems like just us aussies that want this function.
jumentous
New User
New User

Post by jumentous »

You appear to be correct, there is an error there just must be a new catch that prevents it from being accepted anyway.

As far as i know 1.2.3 plugins should work fine with 1.3, but i've got a number of computers updating from deluge-ppa (https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+archive/ppa) and i don't want to manually update them all (though i would love if someone updated the ppa to 1.3)

I've fixed an error, try this one and see if it helps.
Attachments
MyScheduler-0.2.1-py2.6.egg
(23.89 KiB) Downloaded 1445 times
caramel
New User
New User

Post by caramel »

nope still same - once enabled cannot ok out of config

I am happy to wait till you get updated to 1.3

i'll watch this thread for updates
jumentous
New User
New User

Post by jumentous »

Thanks for the feedback. I've updated to 1.3 (1 instance got updated in maverick update and 1.2.3 and 1.3 don't play together, so i had no choice).

Its working for me, so have a go and see if you still get problems.
If you do run deluge with

Code: Select all

deluge -L debug -l deluge.log
deluged -d -L debug -l deluged.log                 (if you have a seperate backend)
and post the logs as well.

I've migrated the changes from the 1.3 version of scheduler. Stay away from the Yellow States. Everything that it sets is on the entire session and so if you set Active Torrents to 0 and it activates then Forcing will still be subject to these rules.
Attachments
MyScheduler-0.2.2-py2.6.egg
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 6860 times
caramel
New User
New User

Post by caramel »

got it working :-)

seems that i was slightly stupid and did not remove to old plugin from the plugin dir.
silly me to think that deluge would remove the old one or at least be smart enough to use the newest version when you install a new one.

Thanks for the update :-)

Just for info, my setup is:
debian sid:
- deluged
- 2.5TB storage (made up from 7 random hdd's)
- flexget from rss feeds setup to name tv shows correctly and drop in correct dir when finished
- xmbc backend mysql server (2 xbmc frontends in house)

laptop running win7 where i run deluge as frontend connecting to linux daemon
peewee

Re: [Plugin] Scheduler Forced Starting

Post by peewee »

Hi,

Thanks for writing this Plugin. I've installed it on a Windows system.

It accepts a schedule and gives me a Force Start option, but this option does not work.

Any suggestions

(Both options in MyScheduler are checked.)

Thanks
peewee

Re: [Plugin] Scheduler Forced Starting - Working Now

Post by peewee »

Hi,

After restarting a few times the plugin now works perfectly.

Many thanks

P
caramel
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Scheduler Forced Starting

Post by caramel »

any chance this can be made to work in web-ui the force start tick box does not even show...

would be kinda handy i sometimes check torrent downloads from work and would like to be able to kick of those ones that have pause with only a few megs to go so they can finish off in peak time before i get home :-)