[Plugin] yarss-plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
aeok

Re: [Plugin] yarss-plugin

Post by aeok »

Hello all,

I am having a bit of trouble getting this to work...I have installed the plug-in through Deluge, but it is not showing up in my options or anywhere for me to add RSS feeds?

Also after clicking on the install plug-in from Deluge, then selecting the plug-in...it does not show up on the plug-in list in Deluge from there...

I am using the newest Deluge 1.3
My OS is Ubuntu 11.04 ( upgraded from 10.10)

Not sure what is the issue or what is going on...I am fairly new to Linux but I thought this would be simple....

Thank you for any help provided.
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

aeok wrote:My OS is Ubuntu 11.04 ( upgraded from 10.10)

Not sure what is the issue or what is going on...I am fairly new to Linux but I thought this would be simple....
Natty Narwhal uses Python2.7 and the plugin is for Python2.6

You need to wait for an updated plugin.
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

I just built a Python2.7 egg for this plugin.

I haven't tested it other than seen that it shows up in my plugins once installed.
Attachments
yarss-0.1-py2.7.egg
(99.56 KiB) Downloaded 920 times
lozbrown85

Post by lozbrown85 »

Hi

I'm a bit confused as this does not currently seem to work.

My setup is as follows:

- deluge daemon running on top of Ubuntu Maverick
- Windows client installed on remote laptop

yaRSS appears in the list of plugins as enabled but i can't find any options anywhere to configure it.
Does it work with thin client set ups?

Thanks
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

What versions of Python are the two machines running?
anonymous_user

Post by anonymous_user »

Hi. Really love the plugin. Easy and clean!

But there is one thing that is missing in my opinion. To specify which directory the episodes should be downloaded. Now everything is downloaded to the same folder, and it's a mess. And my media center needs movies and tv-shows in seperate folders, and it would also be good to be able to put different shows in different sub-folder e.g. /TV/Simpsons/ ... This sould not be that difficult to implement, but would make the plugin that much more useful. The uTorrent RSS Downloader supports this, and thats the only thing I'm missing.

Keep up the great work!
http://www.bugmenot.com
leomeloxp

Post by leomeloxp »

Hello,

I would like to know how to use the "Add Custom Feed" bit of your plugin, I use Nyaa Torrents to Download anime (http://nyaa.eu), so if someone can give me a light on how to add their feed to Deluge, I'd be very happy =]

Thanks for the great work o/
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Hi Guys

I didn't get the version posted by spjoe to work, so I made some changes. I've tested this on Deluge 1.3.3 on Ubuntu 11.04 (Python 2.7) and FreeBSD 9 (Python 2.6).

There are quite a few minor changes, but all in all there are no major changes, except this one I get to work ;-)
Changelog:
* Added "Move completed" option for the torrents added by the feed.
* Added a button "Test feeds" which runs the update handler immediately.
* Added columns "Site" (torrent site address) and "Move Completed" (File path where the file is moved to when finished downloading)
* Changed update time value from seconds to minutes. Minimum amount of minutes between each execution is 15 minutes.
* Changed the config format. The old config should be updated on the first run, but if nothings works (in case the update routine failed), it might help deleting the old yarss.config file.
* Caches the RSS download so that multiple feeds for the same address will only stress the server once.

To add a feed for any torrent site, get the RSS feed url and make sure it shows the expected torrent items. In the regex field, insert the title you want to match.
If you want to match some other string like quality or release group as well do like this:
Regex: Title of show.*groupname
or e.g.
Regex: Title of show.*HDTV

".*" matches any character, any number of times until it finds the next string.

Note:
1) The quality field is only used when adding EZTV feed, so thats why it can't be edited.
2) None-ascii characters might not work too well, so it's safest to stay with a-z characters.
Attachments
yarss-0.2-py2.7.egg
(127.96 KiB) Downloaded 812 times
yarss-0.2-py2.6.egg
(128.04 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
jbrid

Post by jbrid »

@bro

Thanks for your efforts! I have your version installed and working successfully on Deluge 1.3.4 + Ubuntu 11.04 (Python 2.7).
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

jbrid wrote:@bro

Thanks for your efforts! I have your version installed and working successfully on Deluge 1.3.4 + Ubuntu 11.04 (Python 2.7).
Hi jbrid

I also implemented a new version called YaRSS2, which will eventually (I hope) contain all the functionality of the old FlexRSS plugin.

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 97#p166097
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.