[Request] Add ".part" extension for uncompleted files

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
stoyanoff
New User
New User

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) fi

Post by stoyanoff »

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/ticket/1410

Is there any way to implent this fix like a plugin?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

I don't see how that link has anything to do with deluge?
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

libtorrent .15 has a file_completed_alert now, so this sort of plugin would be possible. I might look in to making it myself, but don't hold your breath.
stoyanoff
New User
New User

Post by stoyanoff »

gazpachoking wrote:libtorrent .15 has a file_completed_alert now, so this sort of plugin would be possible. I might look in to making it myself, but don't hold your breath.
That would be awesome. Thanks, man!
balaton

Post by balaton »

gazpachoking wrote:libtorrent .15 has a file_completed_alert now, so this sort of plugin would be possible. I might look in to making it myself, but don't hold your breath.
libtorrent has this alert but python-libtorrent has not, so it is not usable in plugins atm. Would be nice to have though.
stoyanoff
New User
New User

Re: [Request] Add ".part" extension for uncompleted files

Post by stoyanoff »

Is there any way to make this plugin now, guys?
Drakonas

Post by Drakonas »

Is there any update on this? Has python-libtorrent added this in yet? It is becoming increasingly frustrating without this feature, as I download all-in-one torrents in which I have downloaded only a handful of files, and I share my torrent directory with private friends via a protected web server (a majority of them are too lazy to download a torrent client themselves). The fact that Deluge cannot do this is quite painful... since they wait half an hour or more for the download and then they find out the file was incomplete. I use full allocation for downloads. I may have to set it to Compact Allocation and cause fragmentation hell just to counteract this lack of a key feature.
chemondelay

Post by chemondelay »

I'd also be really interested in seeing this implemented. Transmission does something along these lines. It's very useful for downloading large season packs on an episode-by-episode basis, particularly if you seed directly out of your active media directory, since Kodi, Plex, Emby, etc won't recognise files with the .part extension.
ocpaul20

How can I add ".part" to the end of a downloading file?

Post by ocpaul20 »

This is a very basic question but I do not seem to be able to find how to configure Deluge to add ".part" to the end of a file while it is downloading.
Can someone point me to where I should be looking please?
Vytenis P.
New User
New User

Post by Vytenis P. »

Hi all, almost ten years have elapsed since the start of this discussion. Have this problem ever moved forward? Agree that this is a really important and necessary feature