webui

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
magical_widget
New User
New User

webui

Post by magical_widget »

There is webui under branches in the SVN repo. Is it already working? If it's, where are the instructions for building it (or at least any readme for it)?
When it is expected to be included in the official deluge build?
Hochler
New User
New User

Re: webui

Post by Hochler »

I believe they're planning on doing a WebUI sometime after the 0.6.0 release.
After the 0.5.x branch will come the 0.6.0 release, which can currently be seen in SVN under branches. This release introduces a new client/daemon system, which will allow for multiple interfaces and also allow downloads to continue even if the interface is closed or crashes. This new system will also make the creation of a web based interface much easier to accomplish.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Hochler wrote:I believe they're planning on doing a WebUI sometime after the 0.6.0 release.
After the 0.5.x branch will come the 0.6.0 release, which can currently be seen in SVN under branches. This release introduces a new client/daemon system, which will allow for multiple interfaces and also allow downloads to continue even if the interface is closed or crashes. This new system will also make the creation of a web based interface much easier to accomplish.
true. the whole point of 0.6.0 is to have a core server running, with a swappable UI
magical_widget
New User
New User

Post by magical_widget »

Ok, thanks for info.
Looking forward to 0.6.0 release.
bretticus

Post by bretticus »

Count me in too! I'm running a stripped down mini itx with no GUI. Right now I use TorrentFlux which uses bttornado I beleive. However, besides being seemingly slower (a coworker commented on this also) I like the traversal and peer exhange features of deluge (among other features.) A Web GUI would be great. And a template-able Web GUI would just totally rock!
caveman_dick
New User
New User

Post by caveman_dick »

Can't wait for 0.6.0!!!

I was thinking of installing TorrentFlux but the inability to set a global dl/ul cap has severely put me off!!! With my crap 1/2 Meg connection you really have to watch the speeds!! :cry: It's not all that bad tho as it's completely free!! :D
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

i will also be looking forward to this method of implementation. After all, this is what linux is powerful for. No point trying to do something that is already common to windows. It is much more modular to have a core apps running in the background and then have a front end that can be controlled through commandline, webui or kde/gnome. My backend linux server does not have kde/gnome, so this method is ideal for me.

Any idea when we can expect 0.6.0 to be released?
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

I'm working on a webui.
I'll release a beta this weekend.
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
sluthead
Leecher
Leecher

Post by sluthead »

webgui would be awesome!
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

abubin wrote:i will also be looking forward to this method of implementation. After all, this is what linux is powerful for. No point trying to do something that is already common to windows. It is much more modular to have a core apps running in the background and then have a front end that can be controlled through commandline, webui or kde/gnome. My backend linux server does not have kde/gnome, so this method is ideal for me.

Any idea when we can expect 0.6.0 to be released?
It will probably be at least a couple of months.. Unless I really kick my ass in gear.