RSS Plugin - Final Release

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
tadpole

Re: RSS Plugin - Final Release

Post by tadpole »

Thanks for the response.

Regarding history based on episode number: related to filtering on episode number, but not the same. I guess I should explain with an example: say you're using an aggregator's RSS feed for TV releases, and you're looking for Lost 3x22. Lets say two (or more) groups release it--the aggregator will have entries for both. Unless you feel like comparing release quality and/or *really* hate your ISP, you probably don't want them both. So, once an episode has been downloaded, it shouldn't be matched again, even if it is a different torrent. Even within the same group, there are often multiple releases for different formats (XviD, H.264), source (HDTV, DSR, PDTV), and/or encoding (HR, regular).

For retroactive filters, If you fix the entries without timestamps thing the way I would, and/or do the episode-based history thing, this would probably be a nice side-effect.

As for excluding patterns, you'd understand if you'd ever seen one of NoTV's releases. Think of the word "unless" then another text box to enter a pattern after where you enter the pattern now. So, for instance, a filter could be "Lost" unless "NoTV". I forget what they were, but I once had a filter set up for one show, and it started downloading another show because the first show's name was contained in the other show. If you don't want to use regular expressions, exclusion patterns can be pretty important. Oh--good example: "The Office" unless "US".

Apologies for the stream-of-consciousness style towards the end, but I don't feel like fixing it.
irfan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by irfan »

SatNav wrote: *exclude patterns - I'll never understand the need for this - would it be subservient to one of the positive filters? I'm just not clear on how it's meant to work.
http://www.utorrent.com/rsstutorial.php:
"# Click on the editbox next to Filter: and add your filter. The allowed wildcards are * ? and |. An example of a filter you could use would be *MP3 Archives*
If you have a strange feed using underscores or something besides periods, you can also try something like *Go?Open*
You cannot specify the season or episode number in the filter if it is decoded by µTorrent (check the Releases tab): you must use the episode number box, OR turn on "Filter matches original name instead of decoded name." You also can't match by group name without first using "Filter matches original name instead of decoded name." Remember, using "Filter matches original name" disables the "Episode number" function!
# Not: allows you to exclude certain strings from matching. An example is you don't want releases with AC3 audio and H.264: you can write *AC3*|*H*264|*x*264* in Not: to exclude those."

Thanks for a great work ;).
andrewski

Post by andrewski »

Thanks for the work on the plugin... good stuff!

I'm using the RSS Broadcatcher plugin in 0.5.3 RC2. I have added a feed, but it doesn't seem to be working at all... the Torrents tab doesn't list any torrents, even after manually refreshing the feed and also restarting Deluge. The feed is valid and contains some items.

If you want to see the feed, you can find it here: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... l/download

Any ideas?
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Post by daddy »

First off, the link you posted was to HTML content, not RSS. Even if you had linked to the RSS (for example, http://www.demonoid.com/rss/2.27.xml), however, it wouldn't have worked. Demonoid doesn't link directly to the torrents in their RSS, they link to the description page, so there is nothing a BT RSS plugin can use. You might be able to throw something together with Yahoo! Pipes and/or Dapper, but that would be quite a pain in the ass.

Even if you were able to setup a proper feed, Demonoid only lets you download a few torrents in a row before using a captcha. This may or may not be an issue, depending on how liberal you want your filter to be.
air0day

Post by air0day »

This plugin is awesome. RSS Feedreader was the only feature missing from deluge that I needed in order to switch off Ktorrent (and stop missing utorrent on windows).

I do have a request though. Some of my feeds don't accept username:password@site format for authentication. You have to access the feeds using the cookie style of authentication that utorrent uses. Urls look like this:

http://site/rssfeed:COOKIE:name=value:name=value.

I really want to use Deluge, but the feeds that require this format are my most often used feeds, so I gotta have it. I'm a programmer myself, and I see where the code needs to be modified, but I don't know python, or I'd make the change myself.

Please please please add this feature :)

Thanks
SatNav

Post by SatNav »

Well, I was planning on implement all (or at least most) of the features being requested here, even though none of them were of any interest at all to me (And in the end, I wrote the plugin for myself first, and you scruffy lot second :P). But now I have basically decided I won't, for two main reasons:

Reason the First:
I've started using the miro video player for all my pod/broadcatching. You may have heard of it as the Democracy player (I'm not sure what makes it democratic :? ). Don't worry - I haven't abandoned Deluge, I still have films/games/music to download - all public domain, of course ;)

Reason the Second:
daddy has just released the first version of a very impressive advanced RSS plugin, which already boasts some of the features I've seen requested here (such as episode/date filtering and cookie stuff). It's currently suffering some compatibility teething troubles, but it is working, and looks pretty nice IMO.

So that's more or less it as far as this plugin is concerned. It's been a great learning experience for me. I might submit the odd bugfix or whatever, and I'll still be knocking about the forums. And of course I'm perfectly happy for others to mod/upgrade/pinch what I've done so far, if they really think it's worth it. Thanks to everyone who responded with feedback, and to markybob for adding it to the svn.

Cya round!
bruenig
New User
New User

Post by bruenig »

What exactly are the rules governing the Filter Exp? I would like to make it case insensitive and other stuff would be nice too. Can you separate things with pipes |, is it regex or what?
frandavid100

Post by frandavid100 »

I just opened this bug asking for this plugin to use the Epiphany icon instead of the current one. That is, to use this:

...instead of this:

Do you think that would be possible?
Hellmark

Post by Hellmark »

The feed I use is http://www.eztvefnet.org/rss.xml. I have absolutely no problem with the RSS feed reader for Azureus working with it, but this RSS plugin seems to have issues.

have that feed entered in, have it set to check RSS feeds on deluge start. On start, no reporting of loading plugin (unlike the other plugins I use, like the files one and what not), and no reporting of checking RSS feeds. Goto the plugins window, and hit the preferences for the plugin, and see no torrents listed. I hit the button to check feeds now and reports this:

Code: Select all

Attempting to parse EZTV
Parsed EZTVEFNET RSS
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/SimpleRSS/plugin.py", line 283, in chkfeeds_clicked
    self.checkfeeds()
  File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/SimpleRSS/plugin.py", line 305, in checkfeeds
    tmplist = [(entry["date_parsed"], name, entry["title"], entry.enclosures[0].href) for entry in entries]
  File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/SimpleRSS/feedparser.py", line 236, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, "object has no attribute '%s'" % key
AttributeError: object has no attribute 'enclosures'
lega
New User
New User

Post by lega »

Hello, I am experiencing problems to form this plugin use feed rss of Argenteam

Feed HDTV= http://www.argenteam.net/rss/tvseries_torrents.xml for this feed is used filters ej. for Break Prison the filter is PrisonBreak, I have tried to form plugin but nonprofit that works.

Perhaps these are images to form Azureus serves.
thanks to help me, excuses by my badly English