Wrong file type or corrupted blocklist file - Emule

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
namida12
New User
New User

Wrong file type or corrupted blocklist file - Emule

Post by namida12 »

This has happened several time in the last few weeks, restarting the software, previously it has righted itself the following day. This time i shut down my system to change out a fan, and then after rebooted my system this error occur when I opened the software to start seeding again. I have not been seeding, nor have i completed my single download since this error happened.

Is it my ISP blocking or disturbing this file transmition? Or might there be another location for this file, or another solution I do not seem to be able to find the other block list url except "Emule IP list (GZip)". Also I have the control set to update this file every three days, should i do this more often?

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/pipfilter.dat.gz

No idea where to locate this file:
PeerGuardian P2B (Gzip)

Do not know if/how SafePeer text (zipped) or PeerGuardian Text (uncompressed) will work in my Linux Distro Deluge install (or how to use the zipped or uncompressed text)...

JR
Deluge 0.5.9.3 in a 64-bit Mepis7 Linux Distro.
Stacks

Re: Wrong file type or corrupted blocklist file - Emule

Post by Stacks »

I too have not been able to update my blocklist.
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

Bluetack is down they've been having same hosting issues as they keep exceeding their bandwidth limits, as you can see here
r1348
New User
New User

Post by r1348 »

Hello, yes Bluetack is down again.
Since this appear to happen quite often, wouldn't it be a saner option if the blocklist plugin deletes the old, local list only AFTER a successful download and not before? Like that many users that use automatic update won't find themselves without blocklist all in a sudden...
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

r1348 wrote:Hello, yes Bluetack is down again.
Since this appear to happen quite often, wouldn't it be a saner option if the blocklist plugin deletes the old, local list only AFTER a successful download and not before? Like that many users that use automatic update won't find themselves without blocklist all in a sudden...
I had written a patch that did something similar to this for the 0.5 blocklist plugin, I guess I could write one for the 1.0 blocklist plugin (port the patch so to speak).
namida12
New User
New User

Post by namida12 »

I was on a 10 days updating schedule, and again we have the wrong file type or corrupted blocklist file - pipfilter.dat.gz

Bluetack, appears to have finished making the file available, so I presume that is the reason deluge-torrent.org's file is no-longer the correct file...

Is there another easy solution for this Deluge 0.5.9.3 paranoia feature in my Linux release?

JR
AMD Quad, mounted on a ECS ECS A770M-A running Mepis8 beta RC1 debian based Linux