[Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.2.2

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.2.2

Post by mhertz »

Ratanak wrote:
evgenetic wrote:i do have a small issue though - when adding torrents through magnet/hash the autolabel won't assign the requested labels automatically (when using the "any file"), but will do so correctly via the "apply to existing torrents".
Yeah, magnet/hash torrents are added right away to Deluge, but LabelPlus needs them to resolve their details or autolabel will not match what you want. Might be possible to wait until the torrent resolves...
Bump for this request kindly please. The auto-labels functionality isn't "auto" for magnets currently..
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I just checked the source to see if I could possibly hack a slight delay into this, for also getting the 'auto-labeling from filename matching' functionality of this plugin to work on magnets also, but it's way over my head unfortunately :( Many public trackers today only serve magnets and not torrents anymore :(

Humble polite bump again :)
evgenetic
New User
New User

Post by evgenetic »

another microbump...
it's easily the most useful plugin for wide-scale torrenting, once you set it up you can pretty much forget about torrent related file management for good. it's kinda dumbfounding to me how it wasn't replicated in other popular clients. really makes me want to get into programming myself :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

If/untill Ratanak fixes the issue with magnets not getting there labels resolved automatically(when matching by filename), then a workaround is to make use of a magnet2torrent converter. There's a simple bash shell-script posted many places for use by rtorrent, but the produced torrents isn't compatible with deluge(not bencoded?). There's also online converters, but that goes against what we're after here in the first-place imho. i.e. automation(+ didn't worked very good as just added a new tracker!), but I found a nicely working python implementation here: https://github.com/danfolkes/Magnet2Torrent
Single small file, only needing python and libtorrent python bindings, so nothing extra to install. Download, chmod +x, place under PATH somewhere, and whip-up a small shell-script which you set to get invoked by your browser when selecting a magnet.

Small example:

#!/bin/bash
Magnet_To_Torrent2.py $1 ~/Downloads/filename.torrent
deluged; sleep 2; deluge-console add ~/Downloads/filename.torrent

Firefox lets you choose a shell-script as handler e.g. for magnets, but chromium uses xdg-open, so e.g. make a deluge.desktop file and place under: '~/.local/share/applications'.

deluge.desktop example:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=deluge-run %u
MimeType=application/x-bittorrent;application/x-torrent;x-scheme-handler/magnet;
Name=deluge-run
Icon=
NoDisplay=true

(I have set it to handle both torrents and magnets in above example(in 'MimeType' line) as my deluge-run shell-script handles everything for me and e.g. stops daemon when downloads finish, deletes torrents and plays a notification-sound etc, but you can change that to only magnets of-course. Also, if you have a daemon running always and a directory monitored, then I guess you could just use Magnet_To_Torrent2.py directly in above desktop file and ditch using a seperate shell-script.)

Edit: There's also a fork of magnet2torrent with a few extra options, like auto-opening the produced torrent with default torrent app, and not needing to define output-name which just gets taken from inside the magnet, and some extra overwrite or not options: https://github.com/LordAro/Magnet2Torrent
Marc_de

Post by Marc_de »

Hi

I need to set up a fresh Linux (Mint) install and I plan to migrate my torrents.
Actually I also would love to migrate the labels I have generated with LabelPlus.

Could anyone help me out where this information is stored and if a simple copy/paste is sufficient?

Thx :)
Marc
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Marc_de wrote:Hi

I need to set up a fresh Linux (Mint) install and I plan to migrate my torrents.
Actually I also would love to migrate the labels I have generated with LabelPlus.

Could anyone help me out where this information is stored and if a simple copy/paste is sufficient?

Thx :)
Marc
You should be good with just coping your "/home/<user name>/.config/deluge" folder from the old install to the new install.

You could also manually partition it with a separate partition for /home and then any future reinstalls you can just keep your old /home folder and all settings for all of your programs.
crafty35a
New User
New User

Post by crafty35a »

I'm having an issue using LabelPlus from a PC that is connecting to a daemon on another PC. I moved my deluge installation to another computer, and now on my main PC, I have it set up to connect to that daemon. LabelPlus shows up as installed, but doesn't appear to be active on the remote PC that is connecting to the daemon. The LabelPlus tab doesn't show up, and it doesn't have a settings entry either.

Is there some trick to getting this to work? It still works fine locally on the actual daemon.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

crafty35a wrote:I'm having an issue using LabelPlus from a PC that is connecting to a daemon on another PC. I moved my deluge installation to another computer, and now on my main PC, I have it set up to connect to that daemon. LabelPlus shows up as installed, but doesn't appear to be active on the remote PC that is connecting to the daemon. The LabelPlus tab doesn't show up, and it doesn't have a settings entry either.

Is there some trick to getting this to work? It still works fine locally on the actual daemon.
Plugins have to be installed on both computers to work. Usually they do that automatically if you install through the GUI. If you moved an install over to a different computer it might not have copied.
crafty35a
New User
New User

Post by crafty35a »

Shryp wrote: Plugins have to be installed on both computers to work. Usually they do that automatically if you install through the GUI. If you moved an install over to a different computer it might not have copied.
Thanks! That pointed me in the right direction. The plugin was working fine on the daemon installation that was moved, but I needed to manually copy the .egg files from that installation to the PC that I'm now using to remotely connect to the daemon.
AmJohn
New User
New User

Post by AmJohn »

Could I make this auto-label torrents with only public tracker urls?
So if all tracker urls are public and not private I could set seeding rules?
And is there any way to make this auto assign based on RSS feeds?