[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

puddz wrote:
bro wrote:After testing a bit it seems to be an issue in Python's SSL library. This is a platform independent issue, which has been fixed in Python 2.7.9. Presumably, as Deluge 3.11 was released November 30, 2014, and Python 2.7.9 was released 2014-12-10, it's safe to say the Python (2.7) version included in the Windows installer is older. It's the same issue with Python 2.6.9 (currently latest version), so I'm not sure if it'll be fixed in Python 2.6 at all.

I haven't found a way to make it work with older Python versions.
So there's no way to fix it until Deluge updates?
I'm not sure how to fix it without replacing the SSL library in the Deluge install.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Kourkis wrote:
bro wrote: Are you on Windows?
Yes, Windows 8.1
Then it doesn't matter what Python version you have installed on your system, because Deluge will be run with the version included with the installer
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
puddz
New User
New User

Post by puddz »

bro wrote: I'm not sure how to fix it without replacing the SSL library in the Deluge install.
That's sad to hear. Thank you for trying to fix it tho.
Kourkis
New User
New User

Post by Kourkis »

bro wrote:
Kourkis wrote:
bro wrote: Are you on Windows?
Yes, Windows 8.1
Then it doesn't matter what Python version you have installed on your system, because Deluge will be run with the version included with the installer
Is there no way to force it to use another version of Python?
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Kourkis wrote:Is there no way to force it to use another version of Python?
I don't think that is trivial. It would probably be easier to try to create a Windows build yourself with the latest Python version.
DirtyUnicorn
New User
New User

Post by DirtyUnicorn »

bro wrote:
puddz wrote:
bro wrote:The bug is not in Deluge, but it could be a bug in libraries included with the Deluge (Windows) installer's python version.

Can you try the attached version? If the Deluge installer you used includes python 2.6, rename the egg to YaRSS2-1.3.4-py2.6.egg
I'm now getting "[Errno 9] Bad file descriptor"
It appears when I try to edit a subscription but not in the message log like the other error.
Ok, can you try the one attached?

Edit: This forces SSL3, which would only work if the server has trouble handling TLS. If that is the case, the server should be fixed. I tested it with a couple of servers, and they didn't accept it, so this is only for debug purpose.
I'm also still getting the [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor as puddz.

EDIT: Thanks for looking into this for us. I'm gonna assume creating a Windows build with the latest Python version is not really feasible, so these feeds won't work with Deluge. I guess I'll have to use QBittorrent for the feed in question.
captainnapalm

Post by captainnapalm »

Out of curiosity, how do I check which version of the plugin I have? Does it auto-update or require manual updating?
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

captainnapalm wrote:Out of curiosity, how do I check which version of the plugin I have? Does it auto-update or require manual updating?
Updating is manual.

For version open up the GTK client. Go to the preferences. Go to the plugins. Highlight the plugin you want to check. It will show in the info.
captainnapalm

Post by captainnapalm »

Shryp wrote:
captainnapalm wrote:Out of curiosity, how do I check which version of the plugin I have? Does it auto-update or require manual updating?
Updating is manual.

For version open up the GTK client. Go to the preferences. Go to the plugins. Highlight the plugin you want to check. It will show in the info.
Thanks, that's a big help.
tralph
New User
New User

Post by tralph »

Hi Guys,
I'm having a real problem getting this plugin working.
I have the deluge daemon running on a raspberrypi box (python 2.7, deluge version 1.3.3) and access this through the GTK client on a windows machine (python 2.7 deluge 1.3.11).
I've added the 1.3.3 py27.egg file on the client and it appears in my plugins list.
When i select it I have no information in the info box and no option in the left hand column menu.
Checking the directory ~/.config/deluge/plugins shows the plugin is in there.

Any ideas why the plugin wouldn't be showing in the list?

cheers!