Deluge 1.0.0 Released

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
DelugeFanBoi

Re: Deluge 1.0.0 Released

Post by DelugeFanBoi »

Deluge runs perfectly on my Hardy Linux.
One thing is bothering me nevertheless, its no bug but a luxury. And I feel kinda bad to complain about such things, when people have serious Problems.
Maybe the people with bugs, should report them in the Support section. This would make me feel better...

Well to get to the point of interest: I miss it, to be able to chose the shown columns in the peer-list - that was so cool back then with utorrent.
If it is not your wish to implement it, just add a column to show the procentual advance of the connected peers for gods sake. Please. I need it. :mrgreen:

Cheers

EDIT
I forgot something to mention: Can you please add the calculation of how long a torrent is about to be seeded, according to the calculation of the remaining downloadtime. Use (<selected ratio>*<torrentsize> - <current total upload>)/<current uploadrate>. Correct me, if I miscalculated. Thankies...
Last edited by DelugeFanBoi on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Post by loki »

DelugeFanBoi wrote: Well to get to the point of interest: I miss it, to be able to chose the shown columns in the peer-list - that was so cool back then with utorrent.
If it is not your wish to implement it, just add a column to show the procentual advance of the connected peers for gods sake. Please. I need it. :mrgreen:
The peer percentage should be coming back in 1.1.0
lovinglinux
New User
New User

Post by lovinglinux »

First of all I have to say that Deluge is, in my opinion, the best torrent client currently available. It has all essential features, is not bloated, is easy to configure and has a very nice gui. I recently migrated from Windows XP to Ubuntu Hardy Heron, but I was already a Deluge user before. Now I'm recommending Deluge to everyone that ask about a torrent clients in the Ubuntu forums.

I'm still using 0.5.x branch, because I can't make the Blocklist plugin work in the new version. The list is imported and loaded, but the client still connect to blocked IP's. I have purged the old version installation with all configuration files and installed Deluge 1.0, but the Blocklist still doesn't work. I'm using Peerguardian text lists in p2p format. The list is working with the old version but not with the new one.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Anyway, thank you for this superb application.
aoisorax
New User
New User

Post by aoisorax »

One thing i realize was the Deluge was very slow and lagging sometimes. Running on Win XP Sp3. Speed to connect to torrents is slow compare to the 0.5.9.3
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

lovinglinux wrote:First of all I have to say that Deluge is, in my opinion, the best torrent client currently available. It has all essential features, is not bloated, is easy to configure and has a very nice gui. I recently migrated from Windows XP to Ubuntu Hardy Heron, but I was already a Deluge user before. Now I'm recommending Deluge to everyone that ask about a torrent clients in the Ubuntu forums.

I'm still using 0.5.x branch, because I can't make the Blocklist plugin work in the new version. The list is imported and loaded, but the client still connect to blocked IP's. I have purged the old version installation with all configuration files and installed Deluge 1.0, but the Blocklist still doesn't work. I'm using Peerguardian text lists in p2p format. The list is working with the old version but not with the new one.

yes. we've discussed this with libtorrent's developer and he's looking into it. we'll get a fix out when we can
lovinglinux
New User
New User

Post by lovinglinux »

markybob wrote:
lovinglinux wrote:First of all I have to say that Deluge is, in my opinion, the best torrent client currently available. It has all essential features, is not bloated, is easy to configure and has a very nice gui. I recently migrated from Windows XP to Ubuntu Hardy Heron, but I was already a Deluge user before. Now I'm recommending Deluge to everyone that ask about a torrent clients in the Ubuntu forums.

yes. we've discussed this with libtorrent's developer and he's looking into it. we'll get a fix out when we can
Thank you.
choad

Post by choad »

i get the zombie problem too

to add a little more info, i think it is to do with the integrity checking. i have a massive music torrent downloading, and it would start checking, get to a random point then stop. after that, the daemon process would be zombified. i paused the torrent before it got to this stage and the thing has been working fine since, but i dare not unpause it lol!
Heliologue
New User
New User

Post by Heliologue »

markybob wrote:
lovinglinux wrote: I'm still using 0.5.x branch, because I can't make the Blocklist plugin work in the new version. The list is imported and loaded, but the client still connect to blocked IP's.
Is there a ticket for this bug? I didn't see any, but I don't know how closely the devs hew to Trac. I'm curious to follow the progress on this one.
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Post by shirish »

Hi all,
I have been coming and going and it looks to be a great release. Its also great to see that zachtib is now there in launchpad having a PPA repository. I am using Intrepid Ubuntu 8.10 (yes, the development branch which would go gold soon) .

Anyways, I have been using the 0.5.9.3 for quite sometime now and very happy with that.

I would be looking at the PPA as and when the current blocklist plugin issue has been resolved. I would also be interested to see if the bug has been formally reported and has been tracked somewhere (Possibly upstream in libtorrent's bug tracker perhaps)

A suggestion :- On the screenies please mention which version the screenshots were, to me apart from couple of functions almost all the screenies looked like they were from 0.5.9.3-1 that's the one I have.

Best of luck guys :)
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

I am currently using Deluge 1.0.0 Windows XP 32 bit version.

Here are my issues:

1. Can not add torrent from URL or automatically download torrent directly into client. I can now add torrent from file (Thank you). There is nothing to associate client with .torrent files in Windows Explorer or Firefox.
2. Daemon disconnects after 6-8 hours from client. I can not get daemon to reconnect most of the time. This is with classic mode. Have to take drastic measures of shutting down the client (End Program) and relaunching to get control back.
3. Quit does not shut down deluge python processes. After quitting client, I see deluge python processes still running on my Sygate firewall. The only way to shut down the processes completely is to reboot the computer.

I love the new Flexrss plugin.