Well, well. It's been well over 2 months since we released the first RC of 1.0.0 and since then we have fixed many, many bugs. Tonight we release 1.0.0 final, a culmination of over a years work -- a complete rewrite of Deluge from the ground-up. The initial import of this branch happened way back on July 7th, 2007 and has gone through a lot of changes since then, including a switch from Pyro to DBUS to XMLRPC and a switch from libtorrent 0.13 to 0.14. It's taken longer then I ever expected, but I am glad we are finally here and I hope you all will enjoy this release.
I would like to thank everyone who made this release possible, from the users who submitted bug reports, feature requests, translations and general feedback, to the rest of the developers:
Arvid Norberg, developer of libtorrent, without his hard work Deluge would not be possible.
Marcos Pintos, keeping the dream alive with 0.5.x and conquering the Windows demon.
Martijn Voncken, for his excellent work on the WebUI.
Sadrul Habib Chowdhury, creating the NullUI and various patches.
..and the rest who submitted patches and fixes.
Thank you all, without you Deluge would not be possible!
- Core/ui split allowing Deluge to run headless as a daemon
- A redesigned GTK interface
- Migration to the upcoming libtorrent 0.14 release
- Stability improvements across the board
- New codebase which will allow for growth and less bugs
- A much improved queuing system
- New bugs for you to find
- And so much more.. Try it and see for yourself!
- Your preferences will not be migrated, but your torrent list should be.
- Not all plugins have been ported yet and some have been integrated into the client.
If you need support for RSS or Scheduler, then please stick with the 0.5.x branch
until these plugins can be properly ported to 1.x
- Deluge will start in 'Classic Mode' where daemon functionality will be hidden
in the gtkui. You can disable this in the Preferences->Interface page, but
it does require a restart of Deluge.
This is just the beginning of 1.x, we have already been working hard on 1.1.0 which
will bring many new features and fixes.
ChangeLog for trunk (1.1.0_dev): http://svn.deluge-torrent.org/trunk/ChangeLog
Happy Sharing Everyone!