Suggestions and discussion of future versions
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

1.0.0_RC9 (0.9.09) Released

Post by andar »

1.0.0_RC9 (0.9.09) "The Deluge formerly known as 0.6"

You can get the release here: http://download.deluge-torrent.org

This is the ninth Release Candidate for Deluge 1.0.0. Please test it and report bugs.

Changelog is located here: http://svn.deluge-torrent.org/branches/ ... /ChangeLog

News:

September 15 - I know it's been a while since the last update and I have said in the past that both RC7 and 8 would be the last RCs, but I lied : D. With this release the primary focus was to get our Windows installers working again, especially for our 64-bit users. To accomplish this, we have split the installer up into a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version. Other than that there have been a few minor bug fixes for non-English users and some libtorrent syncs to improve stability. Take a look at the ChangeLog for a full list of changes.

Notes:

To start the gtkui:

Code: Select all

$ deluge -u gtk
To start the webui:

$ deluge -u web
To start the command line ui 'null':

$ deluge -u null
To start the daemon:

$ deluged
Deluge will default to 'Classic Mode' where the daemon functionality will be hidden. To change this, goto Preferences->Interface->Classic Mode and restart deluge.

If deluged is started as a daemon, it will log it's output to ~/.config/deluge/deluged.log , please keep a copy of this if it crashes for bug reporting.

There is a FAQ with some useful information here: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq

Caveats:
  • None of the 0.5.x plugins will work with 1.0.0 as they will need to be rewritten.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: 1.0.0_RC1 (0.9.01) Released

Post by johnnyg »

awesome, can't wait to try it!

has anyone started porting FlexRSS?
cbsim

Post by cbsim »

I noticed this version does not use back the settings from the previous version, and it tried to re-download all the completed files when I try to add in those torrents for seeding, is there any way to import the existing setting and status in this version?
chaky

Post by chaky »

I've noticed that this version of Deluge creates torrents (files that's downloading) without read (r) permission, only write (w), so when the download is finished, Deluge shows error icon (the red one) for that torrent. It does not go to seeding mode for that torrent after downloading. Then I manualy change permissions to read (r) for that torrent (files that are downloaded) and click "Resume for selected torrent" icon on that specific torrent and only at that moment this torrent swich to seeding and the error icon is gone and now there is a seeding icon (blue one).
zhark
New User
New User

Post by zhark »

Great news! Good work!
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

johnnyg wrote:awesome, can't wait to try it!

has anyone started porting FlexRSS?
Someone was working on it, but they pretty much disappeared, so it currently needs a maintainer.. My next project is to get the Blocklist plugin working properly.
loki

Post by loki »

My report for Vista x64...

1. We get a msi file now, exciting, but the file seems excessively big and when it installs everything it says it takes up 216Mb... that is not very cool.
2. Control panel icon is blank.
3. Scrolling through a list of files in the torrent list has like a lag or unresponsiveness, the whole program in general but it is most noticeable/annoying here.
4. Seems as though clicking a torrent file or dragging and dropping a torrent file into the window doesn't add to Deluge, has to go through the add torrent button and select it that way.
5. Torrents in the seeding list rearrange themselves when restarting, won't move with the arrows (queuing?).
6. What does the organize or test plugin do?
7. I added a torrent to seed, it checked through to make sure it was all there and started seeding all fine, I looked into the files tab, definitely digging the new folder layout rather than just the list of files, but I noticed it shows Priority - Do not download I tried changing it, doesn't change, and one file shows 5 billion whatever % done... picture attached to see.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

loki wrote:My report for Vista x64...

1. We get a msi file now, exciting, but the file seems excessively big and when it installs everything it says it takes up 216Mb... that is not very cool.
2. Control panel icon is blank.
3. Scrolling through a list of files in the torrent list has like a lag or unresponsiveness, the whole program in general but it is most noticeable/annoying here.
4. Seems as though clicking a torrent file or dragging and dropping a torrent file into the window doesn't add to Deluge, has to go through the add torrent button and select it that way.
5. Torrents in the seeding list rearrange themselves when restarting, won't move with the arrows (queuing?).
6. What does the organize or test plugin do?
7. I added a torrent to seed, it checked through to make sure it was all there and started seeding all fine, I looked into the files tab, definitely digging the new folder layout rather than just the list of files, but I noticed it shows Priority - Do not download I tried changing it, doesn't change, and one file shows 5 billion whatever % done... picture attached to see.
1. It installs all the necessary dependencies that are generally not available on windows machines. We will have an installer without the dependencies bundled for upgrading a currently installed deluge. We might be able to further trim the dependencies in the future, but it's always a chore working with windows.

2. Control panel icon?

3. This might be resolved with the fix to the files tab percentages I committed.

4. Drag n' drop did not make it into this version. Please file a feature enhancement ticket and set the milestone to 1.1.0 please.

5. Seeding torrents do not have queue positions, but rather seed ranks based on the seed settings you have chosen. Here is a quote from the libtorrent docs concerning queueing:
queuing

libtorrent supports queuing. Which means it makes sure that a limited number of torrents are being downloaded at any given time, and once a torrent is completely downloaded, the next in line is started.

Torrents that are auto managed are subject to the queuing and the active torrents limits. To make a torrent auto managed, set auto_managed to true when adding the torrent (see add_torrent()).

The limits of the number of downloading and seeding torrents are controlled via active_downloads, active_seeds and active_limit in session_settings. These limits takes non auto managed torrents into account as well. If there are more non-auto managed torrents being downloaded than the active_downloads setting, any auto managed torrents will be queued until torrents are removed so that the number drops below the limit.

The default values are 8 active downloads and 5 active seeds.

At a regular interval, torrents are checked if there needs to be any re-ordering of which torrents are active and which are queued. This interval can be controlled via auto_manage_interval in session_settings. It defaults to every 30 seconds.

For queuing to work, resume data needs to be saved and restored for all torrents. See save_resume_data().
downloading

Torrents that are currently being downloaded or incomplete (with bytes still to download) are queued. The torrents in the front of the queue are started to be actively downloaded and the rest are ordered with regards to their queue position. Any newly added torrent is placed at the end of the queue. Once a torrent is removed or turns into a seed, its queue position is -1 and all torrents that used to be after it in the queue, decreases their position in order to fill the gap.

The queue positions are always in a sequence without any gaps.

Lower queue position means closer to the front of the queue, and will be started sooner than torrents with higher queue positions.

To query a torrent for its position in the queue, or change its position, see: queue_position() queue_position_up() queue_position_down() queue_position_top() queue_position_bottom().
seeding

Auto managed seeding torrents are rotated, so that all of them are allocated a fair amount of seeding. Torrents with fewer completed seed cycles are prioritized for seeding. A seed cycle is completed when a torrent meets either the share ratio limit (uploaded bytes / downloaded bytes), the share time ratio (time seeding / time downloaing) or seed time limit (time seeded).

The relevant settings to control these limits are share_ratio_limit, seed_time_ratio_limit and seed_time_limit in session_settings.
6. Nothing at the moment. The test plugin was simply a way to do some testing on the plugin system and the Organize plugin was something mvoncken was working on, but it has no functionality.

7. The file progress api changed a bit in a last minute libtorrent sync, so it went unnoticed. I have just fixed this in svn and it will be fixed in the next RC.

Thanks for the feedback!
loki

Post by loki »

This is what I meant about the control panel icon. System tray icon I guess...
Add 8. Open file/open folder doesn't work.

(Created ticket #342 Drag n Drop functionality)
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

loki wrote:This is what I meant about the control panel icon. System tray icon I guess...
Add 8. Open file/open folder doesn't work.

(Created ticket #342 Drag n Drop functionality)
Ok, I believe I have fixed this and the tray menu scrolling issue too.. You should see these fixes in the next RC.