Deluge 2 beta - Plugins

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Deluge 2 beta - Plugins

Post by Spadge »

Hi all,

I'm running Deluge 2 beta, and while it's lovely I do miss having any plugins working.

Has anyone managed to get plugins to work in the beta? I'm guessing it's a python version bump that the plugins can't handle.

The ones I miss most are: Blocklist and YaRSS2.

Do they just need re-egging with the current Python release?

Cheers
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge 2 beta - Plugins

Post by Cas »

It might be that inadvertently broken plugins but for the most part they should still be compatible.

I am not sure why Blocklist would not be working.

Do you see any errors with YaRSS2?
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

Sorry for the delay ...

I get errors in python2.7 when importing the blocklist IPs. It gets the file, then does nothing with it.

Code: Select all

12:54:37.256 [ERROR   ][deluge.plugins.blocklist.core                      :425 ] Failed to read!!!!!!
12:54:37.258 [ERROR   ][deluge.plugins.blocklist.core                      :1200] [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x8b in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py:801:__bootstrap_inner
/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py:754:run
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/_threads/_threadworker.py:46:work
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/_threads/_team.py:190:doWork
--- <exception caught here> ---
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/threadpool.py:246:inContext
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/threadpool.py:262:<lambda>
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/context.py:118:callWithContext
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/python/context.py:81:callWithContext
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Blocklist-1.3.egg/deluge/plugins/blocklist/readers.py:40:read
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Blocklist-1.3.egg/deluge/plugins/blocklist/readers.py:74:readranges
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Blocklist-1.3.egg/deluge/plugins/blocklist/readers.py:50:is_ignored
]
None
Nothing errory in the logs for YaRSS in the UI, but forcing a subscription to run gives the following in the daemon logs:

13:20:14.920 [CRITICAL][twisted                                            :154 ] Unhandled error in Deferred:
13:20:14.922 [CRITICAL][deluge.log                                         :93  ] twisted.internet.defer 
[Failure instance: Traceback: <class 'deluge.error.AddTorrentError'>: You must specify a valid torrent_info, torrent state or magnet.
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/base.py:1208:mainLoop
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/base.py:801:runUntilCurrent
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:457:callback
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:565:_startRunCallbacks
--- <exception caught here> ---
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:651:_runCallbacks
/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/yarss2/rssfeed_scheduler.py:147:add_torrents_callback
/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/yarss2/torrent_handling.py:158:add_torrents
/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/yarss2/torrent_handling.py:129:add_torrent
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/torrentmanager.py:318:add
]
Copying and pasting the magtnet url from the YaRSS UI into 'Add Torrent' URL box works, so there's nowt wrong with the magnet validity. It's got to be torrent_info or torrent state then?

torrent_state is set to "Default" in the YaRSS config. Unchecking that doesn't fix it.

Thanks
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Ok the YaRSS error is an API change that I will need to fix for backwards compatibility. I kinda knew about that might be issue... :)

Can you provide the file you are using with blocklist? There should be no major changes to the code compared to 1.3.
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

Cas wrote:Ok the YaRSS error is an API change that I will need to fix for backwards compatibility. I kinda knew about that might be issue... :)

Can you provide the file you are using with blocklist? There should be no major changes to the code compared to 1.3.
I'm using the one from https://www.wael.name/other/best-blocklist/

I've tried one from http://john.bitsurge.net/public/biglist.p2p.gz with identical results - downloads, doesn't add any addresses.

Do you want me to log tickets for these? I never know what priority etc to assign to them, but I'm happy to log them.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Sure creating tickets would help, as long as milestone is 2.0 don't worry about other fields :)
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

Done and done.

Thanks, as always.
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

IPs are now being added in blocklist plugin.

Thanks for that.

:)
poncho68

Post by poncho68 »

With the stats plugin, the log file gets filled with

deluge.desktop[2927]: 11:25:57 [ERROR   ][deluge.plugin.stats.core:187 ] Stats update error 'Core' object has no attribute 'get_num_connections'
deluge.desktop[2927]: 11:25:58 [ERROR   ][deluge.plugin.stats.core:187 ] Stats update error 'Core' object has no attribute 'get_num_connections'
deluge.desktop[2927]: 11:25:59 [ERROR   ][deluge.plugin.stats.core:187 ] Stats update error 'Core' object has no attribute 'get_num_connections'
and it looks a little bit weird since it displays an icon in the tabs on the left.