libtorrent 1.0.11 client can't download my torrent file seeded using uTorrent?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
nickolaiu

libtorrent 1.0.11 client can't download my torrent file seeded using uTorrent?

Post by nickolaiu »

I have a personal video file and used uTorrent's create a torrent service to make a public torrent file out of it. I googled a list of good public trackers and used them in creating the torrent file. So now I have my uTorrent client seeding the said torrent file. OS used for uTorrent is Windows 10.

I wanted to download this video file using libtorrent 1.0.11 client. I ran the client using VMware and with the OS Ubuntu.

When I type in python cli

python clientname.py <torrentfile.torrent>

the program runs but it can't seem to download the file??? I think the program could see my Windows laptop but can't establish a connection? It never connected and I cant download the torrent file.

If I use the same libtorrent client and try downloading a famous torrent file with seeders ranging from 25 to thousands from our friendly torrent websites, it could always download the files.. What could possibly went wrong? Please help as we would need to simulate sharing files using libtorrent
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: libtorrent 1.0.11 client can't download my torrent file seeded using uTorrent?

Post by shamael »

hi,

The normal way would be to download the torrent from the public tracker and not trying to reach your laptop. Maybe there is a way but the simulation is not like a regular torrent user trying to get your file
mhertz

Re: libtorrent 1.0.11 client can't download my torrent file seeded using uTorrent?

Post by mhertz »

Both in utorrent and libtorrent(deluge), there's a setting for controlling if multiple connections from same IP is allowed. Sorry, I don't remember where it is in utorrent or if it's on or off, and I don't use the deluge GUI normally, so don't remember if deluge has such an option, and if not, then ltconfig plugin exposes the relevant libtorrent option: 'allow_multiple_connections_per_ip'.

Sorry if I misunderstand, but serving a file to another on same IP needs this defined, I believe.