Smart seeding

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
azeducarew

Smart seeding

Post by azeducarew »

I woud like Deluge to be smart when seeding. If there are no peers or practically no speed on the torrent, keep it active but add another active torrent. Even though I have set it to three active seeds, but only a few out of many others can actually be seeded to I want Deluge to figure out which to seed to. Right now I see there are three torrents active, but none of them are actually uploading. So it is kinda stupid that it doesn't find another torrent to seed just because the current three have a higher priority.
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Smart seeding

Post by trektorrents »

This is a queueing issue, and as such is expected to be addressed when libtorrent's queueing is enabled.
loki

Post by loki »

You could try uploading more than 3 torrents, just a suggestion...
azeducarew

Post by azeducarew »

trektorrents wrote:This is a queueing issue, and as such is expected to be addressed when libtorrent's queueing is enabled.
What do you mean?
loki

Post by loki »

Meaning that deluge is built on libtorrent. You could think of deluge as a frontend to libtorrent, which actually does all the work and as I recall is text-based. So, according to that the queuing feature would fall on the developer of libtorrent, separate from the developers of deluge, and then be added as a feature in deluge.
jdhore

Post by jdhore »

loki wrote:Meaning that deluge is built on libtorrent. You could think of deluge as a frontend to libtorrent, which actually does all the work and as I recall is text-based. So, according to that the queuing feature would fall on the developer of libtorrent, separate from the developers of deluge, and then be added as a feature in deluge.
Actually, you're half right... libtorrent is just a library...Not even text based, It's just so that instead of making your own functions to (for example) add a torrent, you create "hooks" for adding a torrent and put the other side of said hooks into a libtorrent function and instead of writing 50 lines of code or more, you just did it in less than 5.
azeducarew

Post by azeducarew »

loki wrote:You could try uploading more than 3 torrents, just a suggestion...
No, quality seeds at relatively good speeds is better than a lot of active with shitty speeds. Besides, on private sites there's usually a lot of seeders unlike the public so your low seed (many connections) have problems keeping connections because the client just doesn't want them.
azeducarew

Post by azeducarew »

jdhore wrote:
loki wrote:Meaning that deluge is built on libtorrent. You could think of deluge as a frontend to libtorrent, which actually does all the work and as I recall is text-based. So, according to that the queuing feature would fall on the developer of libtorrent, separate from the developers of deluge, and then be added as a feature in deluge.
Actually, you're half right... libtorrent is just a library...Not even text based, It's just so that instead of making your own functions to (for example) add a torrent, you create "hooks" for adding a torrent and put the other side of said hooks into a libtorrent function and instead of writing 50 lines of code or more, you just did it in less than 5.
Right, so this is a development suggestion indeed?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

azeducarew wrote:
jdhore wrote:
Right, so this is a development suggestion indeed?
This will be in 0.6.
azeducarew

Post by azeducarew »

Because of me? By the way will increasing the upload slots fix this?