UI - Delete torrent with data

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
JesusChrist

UI - Delete torrent with data

Post by JesusChrist »

Remove this.... just lost a 60GB download on my slow ass 10mb/s connection because this exists. There is no practical use for this.

Just get rid of this. I've seen it suggested in the past and I don't want checkboxes, if somebody wants to enable this then sure do it. But don't leave it enabled by default. For the love of God... and all that is holy... please get rid of this ****.

I am so irked I created an account just to post this one thread and then leave forever.

Jesus Christ.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: UI - Delete torrent with data

Post by shamael »

Hi,

Using the GTK a popup is displayed offering the choice. Never tried on the WebUI but is it not the same behavior?
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

shamael wrote:Hi,

Using the GTK a popup is displayed offering the choice. Never tried on the WebUI but is it not the same behavior?
Sounds to me like the pop up came up and then he just clicked on the wrong option. This has come up a few times now. At one point I did edit one of the python files to make it so the pop up never showed up and it just automatically removed the torrent and left the data.

Sounds like it is irrelevant though since he said he just wanted to complain and is never coming back.
Pyrrhic

Post by Pyrrhic »

Funnily enough, I was just idly browsing the forums to see what sort of things were discussed in development, saw this post, and was so irked I had to create an account just to pour scorn on this proposal. I think that cancels it out?

(Seriously, this isn't an existing user under a different name, I really did. I use the "delete with data" feature literally every day, and it would seriously make using Deluge around twice as irritating if I had to remember to go in and do this manually).
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

@pyrrhic Thanks for taking time post :)

I certainly have no intention of removing or burying it. The dialog has been revised for Deluge 2.0 to prevent accidents but I may make tweaks again in the future. I have investigated the recycle bin option but since Deluge is used a lot on servers, I don't think it will work so well so shelved that idea for now.
delugeuser876
New User
New User

Post by delugeuser876 »

I too have accidently clicked 'Remove With Data' many times. Since some people love this option, a simple non irritating solution would be to make the button work only by double click, and leave 'Remove Torrent' and 'Cancel' as single click. This would easily solve the problem.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I vote for not dumbing down an interface that already clearly spells out what it's doing and can only become an accident if clicking blindly without even reading what the option selected does! Adding extra clicks for people not bothering to read/concentrate isn't a good design-decision imho.

I've a couple times by accident deleted a folder instead of a file from a terminal, and when I did, I obviously didn't blame zsh/coreutils but myself's stupidity(+ keep backups - and torrents are already "backed-up" in the swarm...).