Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge 2.0 and Patreon support

Post by Cas »

bjmgeek wrote:
Cas wrote:Sure you can :)
How? Do you have a link?
Actually thought he meant on Patreon but here is a paypal link: https://paypal.me/delugecas
Magnusmaster

Post by Magnusmaster »

Will Deluge 2.0 use GTK+ 3?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It would be nice but there is a lot of work involved to do that and I have been concentrating on getting core code stabilised. Add in to this that it would mean all the existing plugins would not have UI preferences pages until they are updated. I am thinking perhaps of forking the gtk2 code and having a separate gtk3 ui to ease the transition for users. The final hurdle is that all the code will have to be updated to Python 3.
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

Hi Cas,

Is there any estimate of when we will get an update to Python 3 and libtorrent 1.1.3 or more recent ?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The develop ppa has the latest libtorrent code, the ppa package version requires manually updating the version but it is the latest 1.1.x code.

I am working on Python 3 but I can't give any estimate as I don't know how much more work is involved, it is still not close to passing unit tests. I had hoped for the end of April but I've had a few personal setbacks in recent months which reduces how much coding I can accomplish.
colinhd8@gmail.com

Post by colinhd8@gmail.com »

Good news, can't wait for it! :)
Werner
New User
New User

Post by Werner »

Hi Cas,

Do you plan to upgrade the GEOIP database to GeoLite2?

Will you run a beta test?

Thanks
Chaos_Therum

Post by Chaos_Therum »

So I hate to have to ask this. I don't have much money to spend but there is one feature that if you can confirm I will become a monthly patreon this instant. The biggest issue I have had with deluge is the lack of a robust tagging system. Think what qbittorrent recently implemented with the tree structure tags that also save to tag based sub folders. My biggest gripe with 90% of clients is that they don't bother to implement proper file structure pre organization so that I can still figure out what file is what if my torrent installation gets nuked. I know that there is a plugin that supports this but since it isn't in the core none of the current automation softwares have support for such as sickrage and couchpotato. I would be quite happy if you could confirm or deny my hope for this.
Anon1725
New User
New User

Post by Anon1725 »

Are there any updates on the release date? We're pretty far past early 2017 now.
mhertz

Re: Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Post by mhertz »

Thanks Cas, you rock and we all highly appreciate your efforts. Had to look up "tentatively" btw, lol :)