[Feature Request] Support server 'tabs' for thin client

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
grogthegreat
New User
New User

[Feature Request] Support server 'tabs' for thin client

Post by grogthegreat »

Hi,
I've recently found myself wanted to manage more than one server running the deluged service using the thin client on my desktop. I imagine this isn't a rare situation but I could be wrong. Currently it seems that the thin client can only connect to a single deluged host at one time. My request is to add host tabs to the thin client so that each tab is a separate remote deluged service.
The settings and everything else would control the service for whatever tab you have selected. The only complication would be adding or creating a new torrent. It would be nice to be able to select which of the connected hosts you want to add the torrent to.

Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes?
How challenging would this be to do? I'm at the bash script level so I don't know how tough this would be to implement. The client/server model is one of biggest advantages Deluge has over the other options out there. Let's make it better!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Feature Request] Support server 'tabs' for thin client

Post by Cas »

I was thinking of having a dropdown box to make it easier to switch connections. Obviously there would still a delay switching connection.

There is a tabbed connection option in ftp client Filezilla so I imagine that is the sort of example you are looking for. I don't think it's something we will implement in Deluge however am open to ideas to improve handling multiple daemons.

In the meantime I know some users use multiple thinclient open with different configs.
grogthegreat
New User
New User

Re: [Feature Request] Support server 'tabs' for thin client

Post by grogthegreat »

It isn't that bad to switch between the two. I just thought it would be useful for the thin client to be able to have more than one daemon connected at the time. That way all of your torrents are in the same GUI, no mater where they are seeding from.