Regarding the protocol used by the GTK client and the daemon when communicating:
I have asked about it on the IRC the other day and bendikro pointed me to this page: http://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/develop/core/rpc.html.
Thanks for that!
After reading it, I have noticed that there is no RPC method that seems to be used for authentication, and after a bit code digging I have pieced together the following simplified scenario of a client-daemon session:
- The client opens a SSL socket to the server (and it does not seem to validate the certificate in any way).
- The client uses the 'daemon.login' RPC method to authenticate.
- Assuming correct credentials, the client will listen for events from the daemon and send RPC requests as needed.
- The connection is closed by either party at the end.
My questions are:
- Is the 'daemon.login' method documented somewhere? If so, please point me in the right direction
- Are there any other methods that are used during authentication, besides the 'daemon.login' one?
- Is the SSL certificate really not validated by the client when connecting or I have read the code wrong?
- Where are the events emitted by the daemon documented